Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependency Claim - Preparation For Notification

Rate this topic

AFButch

Why do they date something like that when they have no intention of going by it. My dependancy claim is scheduled to be completed on 3-14-14. My twins will be in their sophmore year of college, and I submitted the forms in April 2013, while they are still in high school.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they date something like that when they have no intention of going by it. My dependancy claim is scheduled to be completed on 3-14-14. My twins will be in their sophmore year of college, and I submitted the forms in April 2013, while they are still in high school.

I know your frustration! I watched my claim's projected dates change at least twice. Then it sat stagnated for several months saying it was past their projected date but as sorry as they were, they would get to it when they could. I have been told that the dates you see as projected completion as well as phase dates are automatically entered based on similar claims at the RO your claim is being worked but basically DO NOT rely on them to be accurate. Example: mine said completion (finally) would be the end of June, they finished it yesterday, May 23rd. I have no idea why the need for the dates in the first place, they do not reflect the actual process. I saw something about your particular issue on another post on Hadit where the VA was not suppose to interrupt dependent allowance when the kids go from high school to college. You might want to look around for it. Seems the post also said although this was in place, it was not being practiced. It is absolutely a flaw (one of many) in these VA benefits! Wishing you well with the progress of your claim. HUGE CONGRATS to those twins in college, WTG shouts to you for getting them there!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use