VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Representative

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if a person who works for the VA as a VA Representative. and you give him your application is that considered that the VA received your application/claim.

The reason why I ask is that a friend of mind in the South submitted an application/claim by giving it to a VA Representative. Now the VA is telling him that his statement that he gave application/claim to VA Representative does not establish that a claim was received by VA. This is all they would tell him.

This was not done through a Service Organization, because if it was he would have to have signed a power of attorney.

If there are any regulations on VA Representative please post.

Please respond.

Thanks!

Charleese

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

If the informatio was accepted by a VA employee and he is a Veterans representative then I think it should count. I believe there is confusion. If the person was a VA Employee and not a verterans service rep.

Hi Jstacy, he was a VA employee, not a veterans service representative. I'm trying to help him by trying to find regulations and policy concerning VA Representatives. Maybe I should be looking under VA employees.