Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Halves The Number Of Claims Backlogged More Than Two Years

Rate this question

manning01

Question

Hummm sounds like they are fudging thier numbers and vets will pay in very bad ratings with these being done so fast. I sincerly hope some of our fellow Vets are getting some decient ratings out of this deal, but sounds like a lot of NODs will be coming forth soon.....

http://www.nextgov.com/health/2013/05/va-halves-number-claims-backlogged-more-two-years/63536/

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I quess I am reading this all wrong:

“VA decided to speed up processing of old claims by making a provisional decision to authorize payment to veterans who would then have a year to file additional evidence to support their case.”

Doesn't that keep those claims in the backlog, the same way as if a claim rating was lowballed and then the filing of a NOD would keep it in the system?

“ Hickey said that only 5 percent of the old claims rated over the past month had a provisional rating. “

Does that mean 95% were denied or that 95% got a proper non-provisional rating?

Why arent we seeing more provisional ratings here at hadit?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

B.S.

B.S.

B.S.

liars...

like me, how many of you have had their claim in there for 4 years waiting for appeal...

sorry, but I came back to read a bit to see what's new, and I see that the V.A. is lying on their backlogs...

It only hurts when I read what's new. I am not blaming the messenger, as the only news the V.A. has is that they polished the TURD to make it shiny. Everyone that sees the headline says, what?? they halved the backlog??? they they say,, that's strange,, my claim must not have been included for some reason. Someone cooked the books. Like when there is a survey,,, you always say,,, no one ever asks me.... Does anyone acutally know someone that has actually won the Publishers Clearinghouse scam? Same B.S.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• In Memoriam

It is a play on words. It seems to me like there will be two separate half's, of Backlogs, created. This will make it seem like the overall backlog has been cut down temporarily, but in fact creates two separate backlogs. Divide and conquer. Hickey is on the hot seat now and has to come up with something even if it is what it is.

Seems the provisional backlog will include these.

• The most vulnerable Veterans will continue to be fast tracked.
    • Wounded, Ill and Injured Veterans from the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan will continue to have priority through the Integrated Disability Evaluation System.
    • VA will continue to prioritize Veterans who are homeless, terminally ill, former Prisoners of War, and Medal of Honor recipients, those facing financial hardship and our most seriously injured.
    • Fully Developed Claims will continue to receive priority processing

My question would be what are they going to do when the one year provisional period is up and this splitting in half's comes back together again.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

If the figures are true, and they are not, only 1,100 got a provisional rating. Hickey handed Jeff Miller, and the committee a marked deck, and threw out numbers with no evidence of what was done just to get them off her backside and spare the head man. I think all the posts before mine are correct, they marked the books.

Lets see "Liar, liar, your pants are on fire". Thats what I say to the VA. They were probably told to do anything, anything to get those numbers down ASAP!!!!

Or, you better be looking for another job!

The heat is on them to do something drastically to get those numbers down. So, each VSO has been issued a few extra rubber stamps and extra ink to stamp "denied". From doing about 10 claims or so a month, this would tripple the count considerably. Don't count on them to even read the file. Just stamp!!!!

• In Memoriam

The sadness of this is that VN Veterans were told that they were too young for illness and that the older WW2 and Korean War Veterans should come first. Every kind of put-down was given to us.

VN Vets were brushed off and left in confusion and not understanding what was going on. We were left to fend for ourselves in any way that we could. The WW2 and Korean Vets are now dying at a rapid rate.

An example of this is the downfall of the VFW, who turn their backs on VN Veterans. They did not make an effort to cultivate the VN Vets. These VSO's realize that it is too late to cultivate the VN Vets so they concentrate on the new wars victims. I don't know how the other VSO's are doing, but I do know they are blowing smoke at the new Vets.

I was a life time member of the VFW and tried to have them remove my name from their list. They won't do it. They put me in a transfer status, when I moved eight years ago, just to keep a VN Vet on their records as a member.

The new Veterans Service Officers don't even know what it was for VN Vets. For some reason it seemed like the country and Government hated us. Some even call us old disgruntled Veterans, now. We are now being put on the back burner again.

I am glad that newer younger Veterans are somewhat being taken care of, but it is only because VN Vets have made an effort to do something about the VA problems in one form or another. There are still many problems. VN Vets are doing for the newer vets what was not done for VN Vets. I feel good about this part of it. The newer Vets don't even know about what happened to us.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity