Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student Loan Success

Rate this topic

hedgey

Just wanted to pop in and say that my DH finally got notification from Sallie Mae that his PLUS student loan has been discharged. I say finally because the other lenders were very quick to process his claim and he was reimbursed very quickly.

Sallie Mae kept rejecting the claim, once because it was the "wrong" form (taken from the Dept of Education's website), once again because it was an "old" form (which they had mailed to DH), and another time because, they claimed, he had not submitted the form at all (we had Return Receipt proof).

So they kind of put DH through the wringer over this, clearly unnecessary delay. But all is well that ends well, and DH and I are very grateful.

I didn't intend to sound ungrateful at all. My intention was to let other folks who are dealing with Sallie Mae to just keep trying!!

Good luck to everyone.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Deal !!! Thanks for your service and Thank you for sharing. It does others good to read about any and all positive adjudication smile.png

Did thay make him wait the whole year and then finally discharge the loans? My disability years back di not result in any adverse actions during the year, till they discharged it...That might have been when I was SSDI 100% granted 2 weeks post SSDI exam...nothing like the VA wait. So then did the Govt discharge it right away with vet 100% ? Glad you have one less thing to worry about.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use