Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Can Read

Rate this topic

I just checked ebennies and found out that my claim has been closed and a letter sent. When I checked the letters I found that I've been rated 100% P&T.

I'm a Air Force Thailand vet that worked on the perimeter of Camp Friendship which was next to Korat RTAFB. After five years the VA has finally read my evidence proving that I worked near the perimeter and was exposed to Herbicides.

I want to thank Berta and Kurt for their help and encouragement.

I still have a NOD for DMII in the system.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints

Here's an early Congratulations!

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Congratulations, but I would argue that 5 years to complete the task indicates overall they are still a bit challenged when it comes to reading comprehension!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful news Rick. I will let Kurt know you thanked him.

Here is the VA directive on AO Thailand and it always bears repeating:

Vietnam-era Veterans whose service involved duty on or near the perimeters of military bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 may have been exposed to herbicides and may qualify for VA benefits.

The following Veterans may have been exposed to herbicides:

U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972
The National Archives

• U.S. Air Force Veterans who served on Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) bases at U-Tapao, Ubon, Nakhon Phanom, Udorn, Takhli, Korat, and Don Muang, near the air base perimeter anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

• U.S. Army Veterans who provided perimeter security on RTAF bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

• U.S. Army Veterans who were stationed on some small Army installations in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975. However, the Army Veteran must have been a member of a military police (MP) unit or was assigned an MP military occupational specialty whose duty placed him/her at or near the base perimeter.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/thailand.asp

Kurt Priessman, the very first AO Thailand vet, did all of the leg work and research to make the VA develop the Thailand AO regs.

I just passed the info on here and tried to explain them ,when needed.

AO is ,was, and will always be the most important vets issue I have ever been involved with.

I sure remember your claim and I am Thrilled to see you back here with this outstanding news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use