Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scheduled For 3 Exams Not @ Va

Rate this question

Leese

Question

Hello fellow Vets,

I'm a new member. I retired last year (24 yrs), filed my claim w/ the assistance of an American Legion Rep. I finally received a call today from VA to schedule my medical exams for hearing loss, PTSD, and the overall physical for everything else. The VA is back logged so they scheduled my appt's with doctors in the local area. What should I expect or prepare for. I'm claiming compensation on SEVERAL health conditions, will they evaluate those at my overall physical appt? I'm totally new the process. Please share any and all advice.

Thanks!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The VA blank C & P worksheets are here:

http://www.vetsforjustice.com/Disability%20Examination%20Worksheets.htm

It appears you are getting a DBQ exam, however, from a non VA doctor and the blank DBQs are here:

http://benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/dbq_ListByDBQFormName.asp

In 2010 the PTSD regulations changed significantly and ,as an OEF veteran , and if you were in-country Iraq or Afganistan, the new regs should help you with your claim.

They are here in our PTSD forum.

All four of my C&P exams were by QTC(Outside Doctors contracted by the Va). I would also suggest taking any pertinent copies of medical files from your active duty service to the exam but politely ask the Doctor if they will accept them. I took files to my Back C&P exam that pertained to a motorcycle accident that happened while on active duty. I also took Va MRI's. To my Psche exam for Ptsd I took an IMO from the Mental Health director at my local OutPatient Clinic and she accepted them.