VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Healthe Vet Prescription Refill And History

Rate this topic

Anyone else use My Healthe Vet to order prescriptions? Have you had trouble opening the pharmacy portion to renew or refill prescriptions? I sent them several emails, but haven't received a "fix" yet. It worked for about a week or two several weeks ago then quit again. I always get the upgrading message. The secure messaging and view test results work ok.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pete, I forgot to mention that's what I had been doing. I have so many prescriptions and hardware from 3-4 VAMC's that it's easier to keep track on the program. I can also get my blood tests like H&H etc from there. I just wondered if it was my computer or a major problem.

Contact the MyHeatheVet rep at the VAMC that services you and complain. If you don't get anywhere, use the 800 number to submit a MyHeatheVet trouble desk. You may need to have your account rebuilt.

The MyHeatheVet rep at the VAMC I use told me to click the "update" button until the system updates. If you need to click more than 20-40 times, then that's when you have an official problem. Unfortunately, that's the sad part...the system is already assumed to be overwhelmed enough to need to reaccess whichever central database.

I had a lot of trouble with getting the appointments calendar to update with the same kind of difficulty you're experiencing. In talking with the MyHeatheVet coordinator, it turned out that I wasn't the only one. The lady was very understanding and submitted any number of trouble tickets for me, but I also began peppering the central trouble desk myself. At some point, my account was rebuilt and the problem went to be more manageable. Now, when the appointments don't update after update being clicked some number of times, I just come back at an off time, later in the evening or a weekend, when so many users wouldn't be on the system and it will update after a shorter period number of clicks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Over the last few years I have submitted inquiries to my helthevet by email with pitiful results. One time no answer for three months. They have people at each VAMC maybe better to find a real person to talk too. Just ask at info desk where they are hiding.

Concur, Pete. In person or by phone is by far the best way. Email can work but it's harder to blow off someone on your phone or at your desk.

It's worth noting that they're likely to be almost as frustrated as the veteran. At least that's what I experienced.