Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Ios What Greed Will Get You I Am Glad To Prison Time

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Prosecutors say the 38-year-old Ramsdell obtained VA benefits by falsely claiming to be unemployed and unable to work because of his back and mental condition.

Authorities say he was, in fact, working for a wreath manufacturer and as a fisherman and painter during that time

it appears he had 70% for PTSD and another rating for his back and got caught working for more than poverty level wages it's the only scenario that seems to fit or he lied on the annual reports he will have a hard time getting TDIU granted in the future after he gets out of prison. I wonder how they do that will he get his compensation back at the earliest levels before they granted the TDIU and he pays back the restitution? or will the fraud keep him from getting any compensation in the future he still has the physical issues, and mental issues, but I am sure those will be re-examined and he might even get the percentage lowered. I have never heard what happens in cases like this when they are actually disabled before they commit the fraud.

The title meant to read THIS IS WHAT GREED WILL GET YOU, I AM GLAD TO SEE HIM GET PRISON TIME

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

What do you think would happen if you were TDIU and won a substantial amount of cash via scratch off lotto? Because it is likely to be above a poverty income level, what would happen?

I was thinking about the lady last year who was not a veteran, but won the lotto, continued to receive welfare, but went to jail for fraud later.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Honesty is always the best way! If you are getting a windfall of money and you notified the VA I am sure they would consider the fact that you reported the fact in their determination. Also If I had been that women if Florida then why even worry about getting any other bennies because you are not qualified at that point.

But again notify whoever SS, Va or Railroad anybody were there is a penalty for not reporting and you will be ok! Don't and you will pay a penalty or jail time simple as that.

if a veteran is in jail for 60 days or longer and receiving compensation from VA, the VA will reduce his/her compensation to 10%. Once the veteran gets out, then he/she has to reapply to get his previous rating reinstated.

I had a vet visit me about 2 years ago. He had just been released from jail. He was in for 25 years for killing another man (his neighbor). I didn't think he was entitled to anything until I started reading the 38CFR (section don't remember). I submitted a 21-4138 to have his % reinstated. Took about 9 months, but his 50% was reinstated and his effective date was the day after his release.

• HadIt.com Elder

there is a major difference between a lotto win which is not "earned income" but passive and veteran benefits are not welfare, the lady in Michigan was required by law to report all monies coming into her home as her food stamps was based on needs and is welfare, just like a VA "pension" must also notify the VA of all "income" if a person is receiving a needs based |pension" they would get in trouble for not reporting a lottery win where as a veteran om TDIU or 100% is not required to report any lottery winnings.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."