VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Housing Relocation Assitance Due To Medical Reasons For 100% Disabled Veterans

Hi everyone, I am just seeking information about possible assistance due to the need for my husband to relocate due to medical reasons. We currently live in New Mexico at 7500 feet, my husband has been told he will need a second bypass surgery and simply put, cannot remain living at 7500feet, he has also developed chronic Valley Fever, a fungal infection that causes lesions in the lungs, and doctors have told him he should move to prevent constant exposure to this fungus in the soil of the southwest.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to afford to move anywhere right now (house worth less than the mortgage). My husband is currently 100% for PTSD, 60% of IHD, and 20% for DM2. (160%) Does anyone know or any programs that are designed to help people who HAVE to move due to medical reasons???? Could the ILP (Independent Living Program) help? Is there any federal, state, or local programs that could help? or associations like the VFW or DAV?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people in this situation are on their own

for any move, financially speaking.

Sometimes for health reasons taking a financial loss is worth it.

JMHO

• 1 year later...

Just like a ton of cities struggle with their indigenous population of homeless people, whether it's attempting to get them into jobs and housing or into care as needed. Some are attempting a different sort of solution, specifically getting any homeless people or families willing to leave and having a place to stay somewhere a ticket out of town. More places are relocating homeless people that want to leave.

Just like a ton of cities struggle with their indigenous population of homeless people, whether it's attempting to get them into jobs and housing or into care as needed. Some are attempting a different sort of solution, specifically getting any homeless people or families willing to leave and having a place to stay somewhere a ticket out of town. More places are relocating homeless people that want to leave.

This reply has NOTHING to do with what the OP posted.