Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ilp

Rate this question

Kadyrmacias

Question

Any one knows how the ILP works, I'm about to apply and don't know what to do, I read some stuff. For example, people getting computers or electronics. Any tips on what to do, or how to ask for this kind of stuff. I have PtSd and its making me crazier everyday, im stuck in the house all day unless i have army drill, or an appointment, from that i dont go out at all, unless i need too, i avoid people including family, exept wife and kids. dont know what to do, i hate driving to the point that i get desperate and start thinking how to get rid of the car next to me. i like video games but i broke my ps3 months ago, can't keep track of stuff like appointments and things to do, I have to write everything down, can't go in my backyard because is so depressing, don't have money to fix it, being hospitalize twice for trying to sign out from this world. What else can I tell u, can't BBQ because the grill I have has a gas tank that I think is gonna blow up any minute. Any advice on this Independent living program, I'm also waiting for a tbi rating. Thanks any help on this is appreciated.

50% sleep apnea, 70% PTSd. 90% total, with SSD.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The ILP is designed to improve the daily quality of life of the veteran and can be used for computer(s), tools for a home workshop, photography equipment, modifications to the home, etc., just to name a few. I received assistance about 12 yrs ago. They purchased a Dell computer, w/mouse & keyboard, printer, chair, home instruction, a circuit breaker multi-plug thing, and one pkg of paper.

One vet won a claim for an addition to his house, to use as a studio, for his photography, for around $20k.

pr