Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

May Have Stuck My Foot In It!

Rate this question

Shyne-I

Question

Hi all,

I think that I have stuck my foot in it.....while my claim was under administrative review I sent in 7 more years of medical reports to prove continuity of symptomatology and to ask for reconsideration. Well, it was showing in ebenefits that they receive my medical records after I notified them that I disagreed with the VA examiner's medical opinion. I find out today that they are mailing me a form to request either a DRO review or a Traditional review. I am in way above my head!! I have found a VSO not too far from me and he sounds like a good representative. I am afraid that if the keep denying me because I don't have an IMO to dispute theirs, I might not have a fighting chance!! I would love some advice about what to expect or what to do from here. Thanks in advance

Shyne

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Let us know some more detail. What did you file for? A little more info so we can suggest the correct avenue for you to follow.

Basser

Hi Basser,

Well my claim is for Fibromyalgia, Depression secondary to Fibro, and TDIU. I was denied based on the VA examiner's opinion that it was it least as likely as not that it was incurred in service because Fibro has an unknown etiology and that although my symptoms were a part of the multisymptom illnesses of fibromyalgia, my symptoms were had another etiology and because I didn't receive a diagnosis until more that 14 years later, she felt it was not related to service. The additional medical records I sent it showed the continuity of the same symptoms throughout the years. I submitted a NOD against the VA examiner's opinion...it was a contradiction...how can she say that it was a part of the multisymptom illness but then say they had another explainable etiology as well. Why did I not receive the benefit of the doubt? I also said that she was not an expert, nor was she a doctor with a specialty in Rhuematology, nor is she licensed as an Independent Medical Examiner, she was a P.A. in general medicine. I gave them a second hand statement of my Rheumatologist opinion because he told me what his opinion was but because he was not licensed as a Medical examiner, he could not provide me with a written medical opinion.

Is this what you needed to know or did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance,

Shyne