Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Va Ratings

Rate this question

SSG Ramos

Question

major depressive disorder (claimed with depression and insomnia) 10% Service-Connected

right knee patellofemoral syndrome 10% Service-Connected

right deep peroneal and tibial neuropathy(claimed as lumbar radiculopathy) 10% Service-Connected

sleep apnea 50% Service-Connected

migraine headache, status post concussion 30% Service-Connected

left deep peroneal and tibial neuropathy and left gastrocnemius hypotrophy (claimed as lumbar radiculopathy) 20% Service-Connected

left knee strain and sprain (claimed as bilateral patellofemoral syndrome) 10% Service-Connected

cognitive disorder due to traumatic brain injury 40% Service-Connected

tinnitus 10% Service-Connected

chronic right maxillary sinusitis 30% Service-Connected

intervertebral disc syndrome and lumbosacral strain (claimed as low back pain, status post lumbar discectomy) 20% Service-Connected

Total: 100%

Edited by SSG Ramos

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Major depressive disorder sounds low at 10%. Usually , you get at least 30% since MDD is a psychotic disorder that tends to reoccur. What kind of meds do you take for the MDD? You got 100% but I would try and get increases for insurance purpose if the VA tries to reduce one rating.

Major depressive disorder sounds low at 10%. Usually , you get at least 30% since MDD is a psychotic disorder that tends to reoccur. What kind of meds do you take for the MDD? You got 100% but I would try and get increases for insurance purpose if the VA tries to reduce one rating.

Hey John999, that's sounds like really good advice. Does the VA commonly try to reduce ratings to keep from chunking out 100%? If so, that's something to keep in mind in the unlikely event that I'm rated at 100% through my current claim. And seems like the bad news is that there is no end to submitting and managing claims.

Great rating!

Every VA is different when it comes to future exams. If they didnt indicate you will have a future (5 yr) exam then you will not be at risk of decrease. The conditions that they can and/or may propose to decrease are those that are 20& or higher and can get better over time which inlcudes maxilary sinusitis, headaches, lumbar spine, but not sleep apnea. As far as the member saying your mental rating at 10% is low, it is likely that your mental and cognitive disorder symptoms overlap and they cant use the same symptoms for two deifferent conditions, so they are supposed to separate the symptoms out and give you the better evaluation overall.

Jhon999, TiredCoastie, donna68

I was in the Ides program. When my medical record was sent to the VA rating evaluation office Jan 11, 2011) my psychiatrist evaluation were only beginning. Now I have supporting medical documentation that according to the VA rules is rated at 50%. But Im already rated at 100%.

That's correct, an individual going through the IDES system that has been medically retired for a mental health condition will receive a rating of no less than 50%. Once medically retired, the VA will bring you back for a re-evaluation somewhere around 8 months.

How did your case worker handle your provisional rating? They have to be re-submitted to VA for a final rating and that is taking somewhere around 8-10 months. In the mean time while that is being done, you will receive your medical retirement pay. Then when the rating comes back you will be entitled to which ever benefit is the greatest. Most times it is the VA compensation due to it not being taxable. When you do receive your rating from the VA, then you can file for CRSC if your disabilities are combat related.