Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Dont Know What Is Next

Rate this question

719joshua

Question

Ok so on 1/24/2012 i filled a claim for compensation and then on 11/02/2012 i filled a claim for dependency well as of 07/31/2013 the dependency claim went throw but not my compensation and i was told that they would go throw at the same time by the va so i just dont know whats going on should i wait to call or should i call first thing in the morning im just worried i wont get the dependency claim because im on 10% so im worried they denied it because of that and didnt do it after my compensation claim went throw like i was told they would do

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Dependency cant go through as it is not a claim. It is an ancillary benfit awarded when a veteran is 30 percent or more disabled.

Call the 800 number and ask whats up.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

that's what i thought but ebenefits makes it look like its a claim and yea i know about the 30% rating but with what im filing for it would put me above 30% so my rep said to go a head a put the claim in

and i have a call back at 9:30 am ill let you know what they say

Not sure who is assisting you, but your representative has a good idea if you will be awarded 30% or greater. The VA FM 21-686c (for your dependents) should of been submitted with your claim, not after. Your rep should have resources available to him/her to notify the VA and find out the status of your claim. What type of claim did you submit; how many disabilities did you submit; did you submit all medical documentation in support of your claim; what VARO is adjudicating your claim. All these questions will have a deciding factor on the length of your claim.

Hopefully you can ask when you receive your call back. Also, don't get wrapped up in e-benefits. It is rarely accurate and up to date.

Ok so on 1/24/2012 i filled a claim for compensation and then on 11/02/2012 i filled a claim for dependency well as of 07/31/2013 the dependency claim went throw but not my compensation and i was told that they would go throw at the same time by the va so i just dont know whats going on should i wait to call or should i call first thing in the morning im just worried i wont get the dependency claim because im on 10% so im worried they denied it because of that and didnt do it after my compensation claim went throw like i was told they would do

Compensation claim is more extensive and in most cases takes longer than dependency claim because VA needs to make sure that they have dotted their i's and crosses their T's before they make a decision on your comp claim. Dependency is pretty straight up, and unless there are inconsistencies in your file pertaining to your dependency this type of claim realistically can be done in a few days once your Regional Office receives the necessary form. But in your case, you are only currently at 10% evaluation. So, most likely you would be denied additional monetary benefits for your dependents. 30% and above is the prerequisite for additional benefits on dependency claims.

Dependency cant go through as it is not a claim. It is an ancillary benfit awarded when a veteran is 30 percent or more disabled.

Call the 800 number and ask whats up.

Basser

Dependency is not considered an ancillary benefit. Dependency can be raised by the Veteran or inferred by the evidence of record. Ancillary benefits are DEA/Chapter 35, statutory housebound, Vehicle allowance, SAH/SHA, etc., but not dependency.