jackdays

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

DOMA does have to do with the same sex marriage, BUT NOT IN THIS CASE. THIS DOMA IS DIFFERENT.

Doma in VBA land, is the abbreviation the VA is using for the contractor who is requesting your private medical records. Previously, when you sent in the VA Form 21-4142 (release of information) for your private doctors, the VA used to request the records, send you a notice we were requesting the records, when we didn't get them, we would request again, and send the Veteran a letter that we were making a second request, and we sugested you might want to get the records yourself.

Well, VA has contracted with a private company who's job it is to request and obtain your private non-federal records. I don't know if DOMA is actually a copy service, or if it's all done by mail, but they have a pretty good success rate for obtaining those private records fairly quickly.

This change was implemented in an attempt to speed up claims processing. So far it seems to be a good decision, as DOMA can focus entirely on getting private records and not worry about the rest of the claims process.

I don't know off the top of my head what the heck DOMA stands for, but I will try to look it up tomorrow unless someone else remembers. Also, this process is done electronically, so therr is no paper and your private records are uploaded into a program called Virtual VA. Eventually these private records will be uploaded into the NEW VBMS paperless system. The following is a link to a Business Week artical about DOMA Technologies.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=51757079

Edited by harleyman