Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shoulder C&p Question

Rate this question

jeffs17

Question

When I had my exam for my shoulder a week or so ago on the range of motion tests I could hardly do them, and in the results the examiner wrote up "unable to perform test" on all the above chest level tests, are these words going to help or hurt the rating because he did not get a actual measurement for range of motion. Thanks in advance. I am already service connected for shoulder, this was the increase exam.

Jeff

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Try to go and get a copy of the exam.

That will tell you more inmformation.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

well I read my report on MyHealthevet site and it stated something about a work around and it was impossible for the examiner to make a decision or opinion due to the limited range of motion and pain on the exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you spell denied?

You need to quit paying attention to crap on Ebenefits.

The actual exam report is what you need. This includes notes from the RO about your shoulder.

You may need an independent medical opinion.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

jeffs17, it will kind of depend on what the examiner said in the report. If he said he couldn't test you becuase your shoulder is so mssed up and he thinks it due to a service related condition you would be service connected for the shoulder.

If he said the shoulder was not able to be tested and he was not able to give an opinion to whether he thought it was related to service then you will be denied, and like jbasser said you will need an IMO to evaluate your shoulder condition. If you get a copy of the exam and look at the opinion section you can tell pretty much whether or not he thinks your shoulder is related to your service or not.

It will depend on what the examiner states is the reason for not being able to test the shoulder. If he said the shoulder is messed up and couldn't be tested that is one thing.

If he says he couldn't test because he felt you were unnecessarily "guarded" then that would not be good.

If he states he believes your shoulder was acute at the time of the exam but should improve then VA may confirm and continue your current status and set you up for a future exam.

It's hard to tell what the examiner siad. You'll just have to wait until you can get a copy of the C&P exam report of findings. It should be available by 30 days after the exam if not sooner.-- But Good Luck--

Edited by harleyman