Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ischemic Hd, Copd, Congestive Heart Failure, Sleep Apena

Rate this question

bandit16t

Question

Been gone for a long time but back looking for the excellent information I see is still here. Wayne

I was medically retired in 1977 with heart disease with 60%. So what I am understanding that I should file a claim to have it upgraded to Ischemic. I also have, DMII, 30%, Sleep Apnea O% ( haven't tried to SC it yet., now I have been diagnosed with COPD and Congestive Heart Failure.

I guess I should open up my claim to file for the Ischemic HD, and add the COPD and CHF to it. Maybe even the Sleep Apnea. Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are already service connected for heart disease.

Use the EZ form and file for the increase. Make it a fully developed claim.

The CHF is part of the Heart disease so include it in the claim. Copd is the issue that will sided track you as they will likely take their time adjudicating it.

You should easily be at 100 percent with the Heart disease with CHF.

Are you on a Cpap machine?

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

are you an in country Vietnam veteran not just era but served in Vietnam? Shinseki made IHD a presumptive for Agent Orange a couple of years ago, basically CAD coronary artery disease and IHD are the same issue, CHF usually is secondary to CAD, I was diagnosed with end stage congestive heart failure in April 2011 with an ejection fraction of 10% in April 2011 and they put a ICD/Defib in Sep 2011 and was an now SMC L with aid and attendance, they did it in steps 100% for PTSD in Dec 2003, SMC S for CAD in June 2009 after a 7 year BVA appeal then in Dec 2011 I filed for the ICD/Defib and aid and attendance and they took me to SMC L.

you need for your doctors to spell out the links and how they feel it is all service connected

Wayne....good to see ya again!!!!!!!!

Are you receiving SSDI for the heart disease ?

Have you already been through the nehmer award or were not subject to that?

If you have been SC since 77 I would think a letter from your doc should give you the increase and put you at least at 100%

Nice to know you have been living as long as you have with heart disease!

Keep doing whatever it is you have been doing!

Stillhere

Hi Berta. Yea I been gone for a long time. I'm drawing regular SS. Turned 70 in March. I'm still kicking. Live alone but like it that way. Don't have to worry about anyone griping about the money I put into my Hot Rods. I thought about UI but I want to get P&T as soon as possible. Is anyone here a chapter 61 retiree getting crsc. Great to be back and to see many of the old bunch still around. Wayne