Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Terrible News Posted On E-Benifits

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just checked my e-benefits and noticed some disturbing information. I submitted through the DAV at my local VA hospital for a temporary 100% for convalescent. (JULY 17,2013) I provided all information, date of surgery, discharge summary and paper work showing how long I would be out for convalescent.

I also faxed in 1 month ago paper work that showed this was going to be extended for 2 months. E-benefits shows this claim was closed due to lack of paperwork submitted by date indicated. What the heck!

It now says it is in the rating phrase so they can do a quick denial so they can chalk this up as another claim processed. So-I am going to have wait another 5 years. I submitted this as a fast track claim also. The DAV rep was clueless how to do this. He told me to wait and submit this in another 6 months. Also, he is very seldom there either.

I submitted an IRIS, however I never received a response from the last one submitted 1 month ago. And they reopened a claim which has been noted as P &T for my heart which is currently 60% for an increase. I never asked to do this. They could do another one and down grade me if they show it has changed for the better. No one in there right mind would open this up again unless you had a triple heart attack, and the test was clearly show this which it wouldn't happen. I asked in the iris to close this asap. Any ideas.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You stated you opened a claim for temporary 100%.The temp 100% I am assuming is for surgery that was done for your heart. Was the surgery for your heart or your spine or ? MY BAD...I got it, Guess I didn't see this....

.........My surgery was for a c-5 -6 and C-7 acdf cervical fusion.

There really is no reason for the heart condition to be opened, unless the claim assistant thought you were claiming temp 100% due to convelescence from surgery for your heart.

I would get on this as you do not want to open a can of worms on your heart.

I would go to the RO if possible and talk to a VSR who undertands your claim and get this fixed. If that is not possible, if it were me I would withdraw my claim in writing wait a couple weeks or a month to make sure there are no pending claims, and then resubmit the temp 100% claim again and see if they can get it into the system the way it should be.

The date of claim is not so important that you can't withdraw and start over. The temp money will be a flat rate for 30 to 90 days so date of claim is not important as long as you file within one year of the surgery. I would not chance my 60% heart on a temporary increase.

-

Harleyman

Edited by harleyman

I'm sorry to read of your health issues. I'm new at this form, and just asking how much time was spent filing your claims, and whom was your best mentor in filling out those papers.

By the way, I.m a Navy Brat aboard the Uss John F kennedy cva 67. med cruse 1970 to 1972. hearing loss due to engine noise due toTinnitus ringing of the ears.....

hope your getting better though..

Good luck

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

I guarantee you it does not say they are going to deny your claim. Youa re getting ahead of yourself and your anxiety is getting the best of you.

If you did do this via FDC then it just may be the system working for you.

Don't put a whole lot of faith in what E benefits says or puts on there.

I have been watching you post for a liong time and I advise you to relax a little.

J

You are correct ! In fact I had my surgeon tell me recently most of my problems are from anxiety. Told me to see a shrink as he thinks most of my health problems are from getting over excited. First time I heard tht.

At any rate, I didn't want to wait till I received the decision to find out that e-benifits was correct. Perhaps I can get someone to call me to let me that information was incorrect.

However, the VA putting me in for a claim for increase % for my heart when I don't meet the qualifictions is quite disturbing. A recent MRI showed my heart was smaller and wouldn't rate the 60 % then. So, I am asking them to remove that. You don't ask for an increase, especially when you are at 60% for that disability P & T when you will be down graded to nothing. And thats what would occur. You don't rock the boat. I am leaving that claim alone-so they need to do so like why's.

• HadIt.com Elder

Heart size is just part of the rating criteria. The Boss factors are the ejection fraction. If it is less than 50 it equals 50 percent.

J

A few years ago it was exactly 50. I got 60 %. During the last year when I went to the hospital a test came up with 60. Obviously i wouldn't share that information with the VA. A new test done by the VA probably come up with that and knock my % down to 20%. Also it says development letter sent. It says " your claim is currently located in our "rating phase." We will propose a decision on your claim when all outstanding requirements are met. (I am not sure what this means)

Also- under "what we have never received fro you (solicited) This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed

Temporary 100% date requested 08/07/2013 Date closed 09/06/2013

Contentions neuropathy-upper and lower(secondary to cervical spine)-I won't be gettng anything for this as the nurse practisioner that did the disability claim put the dergoatory statement-Medical opinion for secondary service conection-the claimed condition is less likely than not(less than 50% probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veterans service connection, And the statement "therefore it is less likely than not that upper extremity demelinating axonal and median neuropathies are due to his service connected neck condition.

(Secondary) bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome(scondary to cervical spine) I wonder if that opinion also includes this as well. If so-big 0 for this as well

nerve damage to feet(secondary to cervical spine(reopen_

chronic fatigue(secondary to cervical spine) no test or questions asked about this

And temporary 100% for convalescence(increase) I sent in the form 21-526EZ which is for the fast track(all medical info provided)