Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Terrible News Posted On E-Benifits

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just checked my e-benefits and noticed some disturbing information. I submitted through the DAV at my local VA hospital for a temporary 100% for convalescent. (JULY 17,2013) I provided all information, date of surgery, discharge summary and paper work showing how long I would be out for convalescent.

I also faxed in 1 month ago paper work that showed this was going to be extended for 2 months. E-benefits shows this claim was closed due to lack of paperwork submitted by date indicated. What the heck!

It now says it is in the rating phrase so they can do a quick denial so they can chalk this up as another claim processed. So-I am going to have wait another 5 years. I submitted this as a fast track claim also. The DAV rep was clueless how to do this. He told me to wait and submit this in another 6 months. Also, he is very seldom there either.

I submitted an IRIS, however I never received a response from the last one submitted 1 month ago. And they reopened a claim which has been noted as P &T for my heart which is currently 60% for an increase. I never asked to do this. They could do another one and down grade me if they show it has changed for the better. No one in there right mind would open this up again unless you had a triple heart attack, and the test was clearly show this which it wouldn't happen. I asked in the iris to close this asap. Any ideas.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

what was the convalescence for? Did your surgery have anything to do with your heart? Now, I can not answer for VA nor will I even attempt, but I am wondering now if VA is actually reviewing your claim in its entirety due to your submission of a claim. This is something that they have done quite frequently in the past, however, the past couple of years I didn't think that they were doing this anymore due to their workload. Where was this MRI taken? It would be my guess that the VA found out the results of this test and requested it be re-examined. By the way, we wouldn't want to be honest with the VA now would we?

I tell each veteran that I see that asks to fax documentation to the VA, I strongly suggest that they make copies and mail with a return receipt.

Your comments about the e-benefits site just adds validity to what many of us has been posting for awhile, the site is never up to date and often times inaccurate. How can you have you have a claim that is closed, then now listed in the rating phase? Not your fault, but again, just validates the inaccuracy of the site.

Just by asking IRIS to close the claim, wont necessarily do the trick. VA received information somehow somewhere for them to re-open it.

I believe it would depend greatly on the VARO handling your claims on how long the convalescence would take. I have actually seen veterans that have waited a year to receive their monies. I hope that's not the case for you.

O

The problem I see is they could down grade my % even though the ejection was 50%. I have another MRI test that showed it was 60%. THey would then use this to decrease my benifits. I sent a request in to close that issue as I never requested it. Hope so, otherwise I would see more issues. This same issue was noted before when I got the 60% for the heart-report also stated heart larger than normal, however I asked for a cue which gave me the 60%. I see what they are trying to do-therefore I need to be proactive now to ward any adverse consequences in the future.

My surgery was for a c-5 -6 and C-7 acdf cervical fusion.

My present service connections are:

1. Bilateral hearing loss-0%

2. Mild cervical strain-0%

3. Hypertension-10%

4. internal hemorrhoids-0%

5. Resididuals, spiral fracture right 5th toe, 2 fraacture left 5th toe-0%

6. Erectile dysfunction-0%

Receiving special monthly compensation-k-

7. Functional heart murmur and cardiomegaly-60%

8. pes planus(also claimed as foot pain)-0%

9. lumbosacral stain-20%

I received 60% from a cue filed in 2010 as they rated me only at 30%

Artheroscelerotic vasular disease denied

The surgery was done at a private spine center/hospital. All documents including the form 21-526EZ were turned into a DAV service officier at Tucson VA hospital and were miled to phoenix which was received.

My concerns are the VA opened up a claim that I was given 60 % for Functional heart murmur and cardiomegalyheart size larger than normal- -this was noted in the prior claim which gave me the 60% - has been noted as P &T for my heart which is currently 60% for an increase. I never asked to do this. I am afraid I can get reduced if they do new tests as a test from an hospital showed I had an ejection factor of 60% which would knock me back down to a 50% rating. And this says increase. Never requested an increase thats why I fired off an iris asking it to be removed as I don't what to have that touched at all. Not stupid, I know better than to file an increase for something as high as 60%, especially since it could go lower. It llaso say p &T on this issue as well. This is a new claim they put in with new dates of02/12/2014-06/12/2014. Development letter sent. Also it says severe fatique caused by all the medication I am on. I never did that either. Although I had documented it. What kind of % do they give for this. I had put in for chronic fatigue secondary to cervical spine. And the VA added that as well. They opened a few more for an increase as well which I doubt very seriously I have a snow ball chance getting.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Thanks. This just goes to show what type of morons they have working. I filed an iris, next I wil call the 800# and have them do this as well(they actually will) and I will fax a letter directly to Phoenix(I have the direct fax # for phoenix, not an 800#) and I will try to see if I can get hold of a service officier next week. It took them 3 years to get that claim right, I had to file a CUE and wait another 2 years-so there is no way in the hell that I want that claim touched with a 10 foot pole. This is just plain stupid. I learned from the best folks here to not rock the boat as they would love any excuse to lower my %.

I do have a feeling that I wil get the temporary 100% soon, however I thought before it expires they are supposed to rate me correctly. The cervical spine is 0 % right now. I would expect(not assume) that I should get something higher than than. What complicated matters is I have an appeal in for this condition for the last 3 years. Now that I have had surgery, evidence should point back to 96 how they goofed up and didn't use th gonimeter to acturately measure my cervical spine on motion. And then in 2010 they failed to give the 40% that the reading indicated as they only did the measurement twice not 3 times. That isn't my fault.