Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Terrible News Posted On E-Benifits

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just checked my e-benefits and noticed some disturbing information. I submitted through the DAV at my local VA hospital for a temporary 100% for convalescent. (JULY 17,2013) I provided all information, date of surgery, discharge summary and paper work showing how long I would be out for convalescent.

I also faxed in 1 month ago paper work that showed this was going to be extended for 2 months. E-benefits shows this claim was closed due to lack of paperwork submitted by date indicated. What the heck!

It now says it is in the rating phrase so they can do a quick denial so they can chalk this up as another claim processed. So-I am going to have wait another 5 years. I submitted this as a fast track claim also. The DAV rep was clueless how to do this. He told me to wait and submit this in another 6 months. Also, he is very seldom there either.

I submitted an IRIS, however I never received a response from the last one submitted 1 month ago. And they reopened a claim which has been noted as P &T for my heart which is currently 60% for an increase. I never asked to do this. They could do another one and down grade me if they show it has changed for the better. No one in there right mind would open this up again unless you had a triple heart attack, and the test was clearly show this which it wouldn't happen. I asked in the iris to close this asap. Any ideas.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

As I am over 55, I thought the age was on the list they are not supposed to reevaulate. Like, the 5,10, 20 years. Age is also listed.

what did the development letter stated?

I have been in the hospital many times since my last post, I currently am in the decision stage. I have changed my medical back to the VA.

One thing I noticed, watch what comes out of your mouth while in the hospital. The document everything. Even wrote down(got busted)wife brought patient too cheese burgers with a large order of fries. Patient is a diabetic and on a cardio diet! Whoops. They wait til they get out of the room before they stary typing like crazy.

Anyhow, doctor never did the heart exam, just spine and feet.

CB -

What ever became of the claim for increase initiated by the VA? I've recently had the same thing happen for a condition rated at the max% for several years.

I would bet that your neck and back issues coukd be easily upgraded as well, "neck strain" sounds like a generic preliminary finding.

Also if they are giving you 20 percent for " lumbosacral strain" I would bet you have bigger problems and they downplayed your diagnosis and gave you a pacification 20 percent rating.

Have you had an MRI on your back and neck? if so was it looked at by a real MD outside the VA?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am wondering if you are a Vietnam veteran. I read somewhere awhile back that ischemic heart disease is now presumptive for Vietnam veterans. Your description of a diagnosed 50% ejection fraction makes me wonder if you have congestive heart failure and whether this could be reflecting as ischemic heart disease.