• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helped Others

Rate this topic

killemall

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when my neighbor and I were talking shortly after his cancer came back(third bout). He mentioned he was so glad that VA medical care was available to him after his coverage from his employer ended. I was suprised and said I never knew you were in the military, He replied USAF two tours in Veitnam. I said, "not trying to be nosey but your are getting compensation for the Cancer right"? "Yeah, the medical care" he replied. He had no idea that he should have been receiving disability compensation. I then proceeded to watch the Detroit VARO jerk this dying man around even though his cancer was on the presumptive list, and he filed with his DD214 (showing his two tours in veitnam). It wasn't until the law was changed to allow survivours to collect the compensation on pending claims, that Detroit finally awarded him. It was very apparent that in the preceeding 25 months the VA was hoping he would die. He only collected for about 17 months before passing away.

I wonder if he and I wern't chit chatting at the fence one sunny day if he would have ever been told?

That is why we have to help each other out, the government isn't going to do it.

I find it odd, certain parts of the government are just about stuffing cash down the throats of people. Food stamps actually sets up marketing campaigns in areas of the country where they think the service is underutilized. The Lifelink phones, advertised on TV to drum up business. The extensive money being spent to help sign people up for the PPACA (AKA Obamacare). Appointing advocates for endangered species to "protect them". Veterans, we get the VA a "non-adversarial paternalistic" agency, with protections designed to lock us away from effective representation (until denied) and no timelines for the government to act. I had claims that were pending longer than the BP oil spill and clean-up, that were partially awarded and parts are still in appeal. The government forced private industry to act immediately, but it certainly won't require that level of service from itself.

Sorry need to get off my soap-box.

Thank for helping others Killemail

Edited by 71M10

"I wonder if he and I wern't chit chatting at the fence one sunny day if he would have ever been told?"

Surely Not 71M10.

THANK YOU for helping this veteran.in his lifetime and his surviving spouse.BTW you are a Tremendous asset here at hadit and I have learned from you.

Here is another example of VA BS.... the VA Nursing Homes require a rating of at least 70% SC.

My husband's doctor told me he would never walk again after his major 1151 CVA but we forced the VA to give him rehabilitation and he DID walk again. After only about 3 weeks of very intensive physical therapy.

The VA first said that I had to consider either making my home wheelchair accessible right away ( which would have been impossible right away ) and also to find a long term care facility. because the VA Nursing Home in Bath NY, 20 minutes away, could not take him as he was only 30% SC at that time.

When all of his claims were posthumously awarded he had been declared 100% P & T SC for over a year prior to the CVA.He HAD been eligible for Nursing Home care.

Those lazy b--turds thought they could deny him rehabilitation.

After we raised Hell for some therapy, The VA Rehab therapist called me up to tell me that, although he was in considerable pain, he never complained and did all he could to get up on his feet again, and had been an excellent candidate for Physical therapy.

As long as he could walk three feet without falling they would send him home.ANd he did come home.

To think my husband might have never walked again if I had listened to those clowns....and he would have been at some nursing home far from us here in the boonies.

He managed to practice walking every day in a narrow hallway we have that would catch him if he fell. Within about a month he could get out with me at the food store and use the shopping cart as a walker and a few more months later he could walk without assistance.

There is something wrong with the whole picture when they screw around with veterans like the vet you helped and like with my husband.

I think there are many vets or their survivors who are still unaware of the AO presumptives.

I thought AO IHD, Parkinsons, and Hairy Cell B would hit the media and TV big time but that news didn't.

The only way many vets these days and their survivors know they have valid claims, is if they use the internet and find web sites like this one to help them.

I met a WWII vet who attends the VA Chapel, who I thought for sure was 100% SC.He would do a little volunteer work for the VA from time to time and got all of his medical care there.

He announced one day a few years ago that someone told him to file a VA claim.It was his PTSD shrink there that told him to.

I was stunned that,in all those years he was treated by and worked for VA, no one ever told him to file a claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"I find it odd, certain parts of the government are just about stuffing cash down the throats of people. Food stamps actually sets up marketing campaigns in areas of the country where they think the service is underutilized."

Believe it or not the VA actually spends quite a bit on advertising too.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20131016/BENEFITS04/310160015/VA-halts-new-spending-criticized-ad-campaign

http://fedscoop.com/va-spent-up-to-3-million-on-facebook-ads/

Think Outside the Box!

Wow. you would think that we would be the main Americans cared for. But yes sadly we are not.

Ironically I have a similar story.

In 2004 I was denied on all but one of seven claims and received a 0% rating. being the Army Infantry guy that I was said well if the Va says I deserve zero then that must be what I deserve and just excepted my disabilities.

In 2009 one night while doung my job as a civilian goverment police officer I caught a man and women in a car having sex behind an abandoned building. after getting to the bottom of things I searched their vehicle and found a bag full of narcotics. when I inquired he showed proof how everything was from the va.

He then inquired on my hearing aids abd my percentages ect. I said zero and he was shocked. he invited me to his home the next day and said he wanted to help me.

Ling story short he did 20 minutes of paperwprk and less then a year later I was rated at 20%. I showed him the rating and he said not good enough and did another 30 minutes of paperwork. a year later I was rated at 40%.

God bless him.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use