Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are Va Medical Centers Over-Prescribing Narcotics To Veterans?

Rate this topic

The message here is please be careful when taking medication. If you think you are taking too much, ask to see a clinical pharmacologist.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?ID=50155446n

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are, and WILL be protected by the bulk of Veteran's Law Judges. The VA had me on 360 1mg Xanax a month for nearly 5 years for PTSD. My appts were never longer than 10 mins with my Psychiatrist and I became an addict. Had a very concerned nurse get me away from the Psychiatrist and into rehab. I filled an 1151 in 2006 and it was decided last month. The judge stated "I" should've known the risk and was warned of the long term side effects, which is BS. I developed a severe Grand Mal Seizure disorder and the Psychiatrist treated me for seizures in lieu of sending me to a Neurologist. I'm seeing a Neurologist now, yet still having seizures on a regular basis.That's a looooooooong story short. My advice, question EVERYTHING !

I'm on a few for pain and inflamation. I have narcs but only use on rare occasions. I can see how someone could get used to them frequently, however the hangover is sometimes not worth it. I went to a clinical pharm with my wife in tow just to prove that what I was taking was safe. The pharm went through each med and described what they did, the half-life, etc. I came away feeling a lot better and not so much like a lab rat. I highly recommend seeing the pharm and discussing ALL meds in your med case.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

I stopped taking all Benzos period, and started medical marijuana. It is safe, non addictive, and by far the BEST thing for PTSD, as well as many other health related issues. The fact that the VA nor the Federal Government will admit to its effective use is irrelevant.

Edited by ncjoe1970

The message here is please be careful when taking medication. If you think you are taking too much, ask to see a clinical pharmacologist.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?ID=50155446n

I went to the url and it's on the brown bears of Alaska ? ?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.