Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mental Exam Become Static?

Rate this question

JT24usn

Question

I was granted 50% in feb 12. And asked for an increase. Granted 70%. This year. I was scheduled for routine future exam based off of 50% award In four years. Since my condition has obviously increased will I still have an exam in four years or will my condition be considered static? Any opinion a greatly appreciated.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was granted 50% in feb 12. And asked for an increase. Granted 70%. This year. I was scheduled for routine future exam based off of 50% award In four years. Since my condition has obviously increased will I still have an exam in four years or will my condition be considered static? Any opinion a greatly appreciated.

Really can't tell which way they might go.

JMHO

That's what I am worried about. If they left it at 70 I probably wouldn't touch anything for a long time,but if they do I have to try and get my other conditions to increase to keep above 50%

That's what I am worried about. If they left it at 70 I probably wouldn't touch anything for a long time,but if they do I have to try and get my other conditions to increase to keep above 50%

Personally, I might do a 21-4138 requesting to have P&T status awarded.

Of course I would support the request with all the reasons why, my age

and the conditions are static in nature for over 5 years, etc. . .

It's a tough call.

You're right it is a touch call. Just thought since my condition didnt get better but got worse i may not get the routine future exam. Thanks for the quick response Carlie.

You might want to read through & refer to

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=ab09e70cf1984a9abbcdf7450c5a56a7&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.4.1.66.134&idno=38