Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Scheduling ?

Rate this question

wfdyer1

Question

I had a question for my VSO rep. the other day and seeing as how he never returns my calls ,I decided to go to the office in PHX and see him.Got there and he wasn't in the office this week so I saw another rep.instead.I had filed my NOD with my VSO over 2 years ago and was told that a hearing would be requested with the DRO at the same time.Guess what?No DRO hearing was requested by my VSO just a review.So now they file a request for a hearing so my question is,am I now looking at another 2 years before I even have a hearing and then waiting forever like everyone else in Phoenix to receive an answer from a review???

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Very valid point asknod.I guess being new to the claims system makes me want to give them the benefit of the doubt.Maybe a good time to see if a state rep can do anything and to quit screwing around with the Phx DAV.

How about you just do it yourself?? No one cares about your claim like you do. You really don't "need" a rep. jmo

pr

Bye the way the M21-1MR explicitly states you can request an informal conference by phone. M21 and CFR38 (as far as I can ascertain) does not have a requirement that Formal Conferences be requested in writting. The problem with the phone request is of course you have no proof it was made. An IRIS request would track that you had requested it.

Best regads,

Thank you 71M10.Actually I just did that yesterday but of course they couldn't tell me when it would be scheduled.All I got was their best guess would be 3 or 4 mths. and then who knows how long before the review of evidence.Guess I can only wait.I did send a request by email to one of our state senators, John McCain, today but have no idea if that can help or hurt??

Found out today that's exactly where he was last week. The week before he was doing the outreach program in Kingman. Yesterday he was in a hearing all day. Tues. he doesn't take walk-ins. Wed. they're closed for training.Thurs. they said they would be short staffed and Fri they will only be there untill 12:00.Who knows what next week will bring. I sent an email to McCain myself today. Dont know what to expect from that.The DAV told me today that I could not switch VSO's so I checked with other places and they all said they would'nt get involved with a claim that was in appeal status.So I guess I will handle it the best I can and if I screw up,I cant blame anyone but myself.If McCain cant do anything that only leaves a lawyer next.I dont know,this thing has me so p-o I should just kick back for a few days.