Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Triage

Rate this question

rosypalm

Question

Hi its been a long time for me. I am rated 100% P&T schizophrenia United States Marine Corps. I want to thank all the Veterans who have helped me through the years and been supportive with dealing with VA and also the handling of my claim to the conclusion of a 100% award. I have since, been graduated from two VA programs. One is outpatient living and the other is work therapy. My concern now is I don't have any trust in hospital care from VA. I bring this up because I want to know if other veterans had experiences like this? Triage didn't answer my call quick enough to cure strep throat that I had just gotten a month ago and triage is emergency????? It took Triage five hours later to call me back and by that time my strep had already gotten so severe I couldn't even swallow it hurt so much. What is their problem? I literally felt like I was being left out to die with no help. Luckily , I got the help I needed unfortunately again it wasn't VA. So this raises eyebrows is VA too incompetent enough to be treating veterans? I ask this because all I see when "googling" VA hospital care is a lot of videos and articles on how bad the care is to the veteran. I have to be honest I am not the same I am actually pretty frustrated over my care and even scared after my experience. If left untreated strep throat creates complications that can be fatal. So I ask what can I do?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Phillip, thank you so much I do have it. That is really good advice. My VA psychiatrist and social workers I feel don't even want me with another health option. Pardon me, my frustration grows so much with VA care.

sorry for your health & problems with the VA, but it is not up to them to decide who you use. I use Medicare and my ins. as secondary and the VA for my meds. AND PR gave you some good advise.