Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Disability Claim Timeline

Rate this question

doubleD

Question

It seems like a lot of the post I am seeing are for an additional claim and staus. I was hoping to get a more accurate timeline of the new claims. I filed my first claim in Oct '12, I had my first C and P in Sept '13 and a my claim moved from "gathering evidence" to "prep for decision" a week after my c and p exam. Here I am waiting...

What has your timeline been?

My timeline:initial claim filed 10.2.2012

Edit: 10.4.2013 claim moved to "pending decision approval"

Edit 2: 10.10.2013 Preparing notification

Edit 3: 10.17.2013 Complete on ebenefits showing 70%

Cleveland RO

Edited by doubleD

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yes, i went to the release of information office before I left the building, signed the release form and asked them to mail it to me as soon as the doctors completed their notes. My appoint was on a friday and I got my copies in the mail on tuesday. On Saturday my status changed on ebenefits I just don't know how long I am looking at waiting. That is why I started this topic, in hopes people would post their recent timeline so I could get a rough idea.

It depends on your date of claim. Which was? The type of claim, new, reopended, increase. Which is? The amount of private records and federal reords needing to be requested and received. The number of conditions claimed? Where your claim is being worked, what RO?

There are so many variables in a laim that determining how long it will take it is really pretty diffuclt to predict. If your claim is in the Ready for Decision phase, the next step would be for it to be rated, or be returned to the development stage for more processing if there is something that was needed for the file and not yet recevied.

If there was a bit more informtion, I might be able to tell how complex your claim is and give you a better idea on how long it might take.

This is the first time I ever filed a claim. There are some on there that are there just because. My main disability/claim is PTSD and Panic Disorder. I got the at least as likely (50% or greater), deficiencies in "Most" areas and a GAF of 45. NO private records needed as most of my appoint were at the VA. I have no idea which RO I have, Is there a way to look that up?