Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Grant

Rate this topic

JT24usn

Harleyman

Congrats! What is the Appeal issue(s)?

My appeals is for small bowel resection ( 20%) and cholecystectomy (10%). I argued that it should at least be 30 for overall or 40 overall. They never did say what the difference between mild and severe for gallbladder. And now with the va cp examiner stating my vitamin d deficiency is due to my digestive sc conditions (with medical literature to back it up)

I had requested sc for hypovitaminosis vitamin d deficiency (mainly for documentation down the road). I know it is a LAb finding, but they ordered a cp exam. DR even said vitamin d deficiency secondary to my sc stomach conditions. " least as likely as not." My question is why order this exam if they don't sc it.

Also, I have an appeal for increase on my small bowel resection from 20 to 40. My weight has stayed the same but I am taking 50000 IU of vitamin d twice a week. ( vitamin d is 14.9 and low normal is 30). Well, the other issue for 40 is malabsorption. I got denied for 40 for no proof. Well it looks like the va handed me my own evidence to prove malabsorption.

Any opinions or ideas greatly appreciated.

Edited by T8r

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harleyman.

Also my mdd got raised from 50 to 70. When it was rated 50 in 2012 with future exam of feb 2016. When I got granted. 70 there was no mention of future exam. Can this be true?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use