Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Semi Successful Claim

Rate this topic

ntyler0341

First off, I need to thank many members of this site, and this site in general. After almost a two year wait, and finally, a Congessional Inquiry, my claim was rated.

I listed 6 illnesses (undiagnosed) that I have suffered from for years. Included in my claim was medical documemtation, letters from my wife and my own letter in support of claim.

I had listed fatigue, joint pain, diarrhea, memory loss, skin rashes, chest/stomach pains.

I was rated as follows:

CFS (claimed as fatigue) 40%

IBS (claimed as diarrhea, stomach pain) 30%

Joint pain,to include, bilateral shoulder, ankle, knees andwrist, chest pain and stomach pain (claimed as due to Gulf War Illness) 10%

Body Rash- denied. They determined it was not related to military service, so service connection couldn't be granted.

Also, I was increased for my back from 10% to 20%. They determined my condition has worsened. (Degenerative disc disease, lumbosacral spine)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had noticed that my claim read illnesses associated to the Gulf War.

My award letter only showed the Joint Pain as due to GW.

How can they outright deny me for body rash? My letter included my first episodes were full body rash 3 times in 92, although the Corpsman refused to touch me. I also included medical documentation, my wifes letter talking about me breaking out in rashes, both my kids breaking out in rashes, medication because of rashes. Shampoo meds for the rash on the head. Yet, I was denied.

"How can they outright deny me for body rash?"

They probably felt like they had to deny something and so their computer wouldn't shut down from writing granted too many times....

Congrats on your semi-success!

Think Outside the Box!

they denied my gulf war related joint pain. and sleep disturbance because they said sleep apnea was not diagnosed in service, and sleep disturbances were for undiagnosed sleep disturbances, being mine was diagnosed as sleep apnea. no popsicle ,.. just a bunch of double talk and hoodwink tactics.,

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use