VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Else Having Hard Time Getting Appt With Orthopedic Back Doctor

Rate this topic

What I believe it is., is that the va docs have been instructed from higher ups, to stay away from back issues at all costs. back treament is expensive, and lots of service connectable problems can come from back problems. They know that because soldiering is a hard physical job, that many veterans have back problems, that can be tied to millitary service. So they are trying to deny it as long as they can. If they diagnose a back issue, the veteran will start wondering where it came from, start digging thru thier records, and likely find the cause or aggravation of thier condition. ANY other time I have called for any other issue, I was promptly sheduled for an appointment in a timely fashion, NO other time have I been told I had to meet " certain criteria"

So something is very wrong, and im going to get to the bottom of it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks free spirit im going to check out that site.

Cover your butt well on this. From the changed diagnosis, to the noting not service connected (that no one can explain) to now not giving you a referral when you complained of increasing back pain because the nurse looked at a 2 year old x-ray and said it is fine....

Something is not good here....

Edited by free_spirit_etc

Maybe a letter to your Congressman asking for assistance.

Something like "While appreciate the fact that the nurse looked at my 2 year old x-ray and told me that my back is fine, that doesn't help address the increasing pain I am having in my back..."

This almost seems unreal what is happening. and I dont understand why. all I want is an appointment with a back doctor. and they refuse. And while im providing proof of my back condition to the nurse, via copies of the outside medical doctors diagnosis, the doctor would not come into the room. Something just stinks to high hell here. You would think the nurse would have went got him, and showed him the records right them and there. It almost seems like he didnt not want to be a witness to it. I had told the nurse abt the records yesterday, so she did have time to brief the doctor that I told her I had them. She didnt know what they said though.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Can you get copies of your x-rays from the VA and have someone else look at them. My husband had x-rays of his neck and the VA said it just showed minor end plate changes. But the next year, the C&P examiner took the x-ray from the year before and made a copy and pointed out the spurs and the calcified anterior longitudinal ligament on that earlier x-ray. Of course, the RO did nothing with the information. But if you can get copies of the x-rays, they might be useful.

Edited by free_spirit_etc