VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Else Having Hard Time Getting Appt With Orthopedic Back Doctor

Rate this topic

I also have neck issues., that I havent had time to adress, I can only turn my head to the left a little, my neck isnt curved right, and my arms go numb at night and wake me from tigling charley horse type pain. That is something else I need to deal with with abt 8 other things, but im trying to deal with the most painful first. I think its quite possible that sleeping on a hard cot, and wearing a kevlar helmet around for almost 6 months during desert storm, likely caused my neck issues,. but im sure thats another battle with the va. Surely they will say my neck is jacked up because of something else. surely not 6 months of wearing the kevlar helmet.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next week im going to get my med records, and if they dont mention my request to see a ortho doc, im going to write a certified letter to my congressman, sen john cornyn. I think he is top man on the veteran services commision in washington, so he carries a big stick. They wont deek him around.,

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/12/03/132079/search-va-disability-database.html?appSession=771280255187906&cbSearchAgain=true

research shows that in my area, back conditions are the most payed out claims there are, ahead of ptsd, and all other ilnesses or injuries.

The writing is on the wall/

Edited by 63SIERRA

The patient advocate said she would get back to me and she never did. Abt 2 month went by, so I called and asked to talk to her supervisor. I told her super the whole story, and she said she would call me back. Shen never did, so I called her. and she said they were going to contact the doctor and see abt getting the records changed. They never did it, and never got back to me.

Heres my assumption.. THE PATIENT ADVOCATE WORKS FOR THE VA HOSPITAL AS A TRIPWIRE AND GATEKEEPER FOR THE HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR, AND WILL NOT HELP YOU, IF IT MEANS GETTING SOMEONE AT THE HOSPITAL IN TROUBLE.

The patient advocate is NOT the patient advocate. The patient advocate is the hospitals advocate. Its just someone they put in place, so they can say you had someone to go to. It protects them. It also keeps you from seeing the hospital admin, because they wont let you see them.

Patient advocate may help you with something that isnt major, but if a doctor or nurse screwed up, you can forget abt it. NO HELP.

Its really a bad idea to go see patient advocate, because it gives warning to the person screwing you. If you get a congressional inquiry, and put them on the spot they dont have time, to bury the hatchet.

Im going to get me a good digital voice recorder, and hide it in my wifes purse, and a second in my pants pocket. Its a shame a veteran has to go thru this, its actually pathetic.

There was a guy at the waiting room I was talking to at my last visit, who has bad knees and uses a cane to walk, hes had surgery, ect. He told me, that the nurse wrote in his med recs, that she observed the patient walking perfectly fine, from his chair to the examination table without the support of his cane.

She is surely trying to mess with him. He did not know this, until he read his medical records and was shocked the nurse did that. So he was there , trying to clear that up. I dont know why the personel at some of these hospitals are so resentful towards veterans. Just looking for a way to discount what we say. This man had large scars on his knees, and anyone could see he had problems,.

Edited by 63SIERRA