Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Apply For Ptsd On E-Benefits?

Rate this question

52d

Question

I have been going to the VA, have a psychiatrist there and also a counselor at the VetCenter. I never thought I had PTSD and never really considered it. I was very ignorant about the whole thing. Last week I got a copy of my MH records and the have me diagnosed with PTSD, depression, and anxiety. My records show:

Medical Problems:

MHTC Dr. ...., MH TEAM (ICD-9-CM 799.9)

PTSD (ICD-9-CM 309.81)

Health Examination of Defined Subpopulations (ICD-9-CM V70.5)

Arthralgia (ICD-9-CM 719.40)

Male ED (ICD-9-CM 302.72)

Depressive Disorder NOS (ICD-9-CM 311.)

Other Malaise and Fatigue (ICD-9-CM 780.79)

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (ICD-9-CM 564.1)

Dyslipidemia (ICD-9-CM 272.4)

Costochondritis (ICD-9-CM 733.6)

Dizziness (ICD-9-CM 780.4)

Pain in joint involving ankle and foot (ICD-9-CM 719.47)

Low Back Pain (ICD-9-CM 724.2)

DSM-IV-TR MULTIAXIAL DIAGNOSES:

AXIS I : PTSD, MDD

AXIS II : Deffered

AXIS III: See active problem list

AXIS IV: Relationship

AXIS V : GAF= 60 another visit showed a GAF=55

Right now I am 20% disable 10% for my back and 10% for my ankle. I am a Desert Storm Veteran and have already taken the GW registry exam.

I went to a VSO and she started paperwork for aFDC and i still have it she told me that it is dated from that date. If I do my claims on ebenefits will my date change?

I am planning to file for ibs and cfs for gulf war undiagnosed illnesses, can i also file for althralgia, and costochondritis?

If these problems are in my records is the VA signing off that I have them and should be compensated?

Is it better to do a FDC

Thanks in advance!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, file a FDC. Just because these problems are in your VA records does not mean you will get compensated. I think you have a good shot at PTSD, however. Did you experience a stressor while in the Gulf War? If you have started with a VSO you might as well finish with them. Ebenefits is not going to make it go faster. Just stay in contact with your VSO and get copies of everything you submit and she submits on your behalf.

I have experienced many veterans that have submitted claims thru the e-benefits site. many vets had come back to me to find out the status of their claim. many of them were never received as stated by VA.

I strongly recommend to each veteran that visits my office to stay away from the e-benefits site if you are wanting to submit a claim or looking for a status on your claim.

The best way is to prepare your claim, complete a VA FM 21-526ez (fully developed claim) attach all medical documents and/or supporting documents and send to the VARO in your state. Send your package certified with a return receipt. that way you have a copy of your claim that was submitted and when it was received by the VA.

The e-benefits site is new and is having so many inaccurate issues with it right now. I suggest to veterans that visit my office, is to stay away from it concerning anything about your claim. If you need an award letter, copy of your DD FM 214, then that's where you need to go. You can have those documents within 10 minutes.