Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is A Va Disability Certificate?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I am trying to go on file as disabled veteran with the county tax assessor for the tax benefits of being a disabled veteran. And, the county assessor called me back and told me I must send them a Veterans disability certificate. I sent them my papers from the va showing I am service connected and at what percent. They insist I get a certificate of disability. I never heard of a certificate. Neither from the VA nor Social Security. I have been officially VA disabled since 1997. The DMV accepts my usual award papers. is Oregon different? Also, I called the VA here in Oregon, and left 2 messages and they didn't call me back. I then sent a form on their website asking about the certificate.

Thanx

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I got the letter from it,, I never knew that existed until now... it really doesn't say anything different then the award letters when you win a fight for an increase.. except they package it up into a nice looking letter,, its a bit bloated though... and while official looking, it isn't like a birth certificate in the way an official birth certificate (For Example) has stamps or embossed to show it is original, this is just printed and can be black and white or color, depending on the ink you choose on your printer. I am pretty surprised no one told me about certificates until now. I would not call it a certificate, myself, if I had named it, I would only be called it a letter. IMHO

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

I got the letter from it,, I never knew that existed until now... it really doesn't say anything different then the award letters when you win a fight for an increase.. except they package it up into a nice looking letter,, its a bit bloated though... and while official looking, it isn't like a birth certificate in the way an official birth certificate (For Example) has stamps or embossed to show it is original, this is just printed and can be black and white or color, depending on the ink you choose on your printer. I am pretty surprised no one told me about certificates until now. I would not call it a certificate, myself, if I had named it, I would only be called it a letter. IMHO

It should meet their criteria without additional question.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

All you need for the miserly tax benefits in Oregon are a copy of your award letter or the Benefit Summary letter from eBenefits. Anything that shows you meet the percentage threshold will do.

Member of the Church of the Enlighten Pistolero.

I may be out-manned but I'll never be outgunned.

Shoot to stop the threat or till the magazine is empty.

in texas its abt percentage for percentage, 50 percent disability 50 percent tax break, 100 percent disabled 100 percent tax break on property tax/

Better to keep your mouth shut than give false information.

Not sure where you got the idea that a 50% disabled Veteran receives a 50% tax break in Texas but it's totally and completely FALSE.

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/proptax/96-1393_2009.pdf

A Veteran with a 50% disability rating receives a $10,000 exemption based on the tax value of the property.

In other words if your single wide and lot are valued at $20,000 you pay taxes on $10,000. However if your house and land have a tax value of $300,000 you would pay taxes on $290,000.

Member of the Church of the Enlighten Pistolero.

I may be out-manned but I'll never be outgunned.

Shoot to stop the threat or till the magazine is empty.