Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Not Complete

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

I requested a copy of my c-file several months after rating for kidney removal due to kidney cancer . there was nothing in my c-file at all abt my kidney surgery. why would this be ? the files were in my med recs at the local vamc, which I have copies of.

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to a BVA hearing with my lawyer. He had a copy of the C-File the VA had provided for me. The BVA judge had three times as much stuff in my C-File as my lawyer and I had. This alarmed my lawyer and he immediately requested a "complete copy" of my file.

If you are really sick and have medicare or some other insurance don't wait on the VAMC for an MRI. I have been SC for heart disease for 4 years and have never even seen a cardiologist at the VA. I don't to see orthopedist at the VA even though I have back and neck trouble for years.

well it isnt abt waiting for a MRI in waco VAMC, the bastards refuse. They will lie to you and do everything they can to not allow an MRI. THEY ARE VERY PROUD OF THAT DAMN MRI MACHINE I TELL YA.

MRI finds issues that all other tests can miss, thats why they deny, mri. they dont want the truth,, what was that movie.

You want the truth,, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!! haha

a few good men I believe.

Edited by 63SIERRA

now keep in mind, I knew nothing at all abt this, until the ultrasound in 2011, when the ultrasound tech noticed it. evidently even she could see something was not right, with the untrasound.

now does it seem odd that the ultrasound girl, " refound it incedentally " and it then became big news, urgent , life and death situation?

When they found it, it was urgent. Keep in mind that the people who found it in 2011 where most likely not the same people who missed it in 2003. So yes. those people treated it like it was urgent - and you certainly can't fault them for that.

what if she had not noticed it? what red flags would have gone up, to signal my primary care doc?

There wouldn't have been any red flags until you started developing symptoms.

The ultrasound was for my liver, not my kidney.

That is how most cancer is found. It is discovered when they are doing tests for something else. My husband's lung cancer was discovered when he get a chest x-ray as part of a screening to donate bone marrow for a child with leukemia.

also what is odd is the doctors are always quick to ask, how did they find it?

The doctor knows how they found it. That is in the report.

they never say hmm. I see in your records they found a cyst on that kidney, in 2003. they never mention that.

They probably don't mention that because they most likely don't even know that. I highly doubt they have looked back in your records eight years to make any connections. As far as they knew it was newly discovered. Since whomever found it in 2003 thought it was just a cyst, it wasn't being monitored or documented. So I highly doubt the current doctors have dug back that far in your records.

almost like they are probing me to see what I know.

Probing you? I didn't realize they were asking you questions about it.

wait till they ask me again.

I would highly advise you not to play your hand in this with the doctors right now. It might help you feel better, but I would put that urge aside for the sake of your claim. I highly doubt they have made any connection between 2003 and 2011. Again, I doubt they thought a reason to dig back that far. I would advise you NOT to give them a reason to dig back that far until you and / or your lawyer get your hands on all the records - including copies of the actual scans they did in 2003. Records have a way of disappearing. I would try to get copies of everything (just telling them I need a copy for my records) before I ever let them know that something might be amiss.

Think Outside the Box!

It was a lot of work (to answer your past question re:" FTCA/1151)but the evidence was in the med recs...and that is why it is always best to get an IMO on situations like this one.

I am confused here.

you stated :

"how did it progress from a 5 centimeter cysts that they etc"

Then VA stated

"there is a 5 mm cyst"

It takes 50 millimeters to equal 5 Centimeters.

http://www.asknumbers.com/MillimetersToCentimeters.aspx

Maybe I misunderstood the measurements here.

:

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Good point Berta. I was just thinking the 2003 cyst was 5 cm because that was what was said all along. I missed the part where he says the 2003 report says 5 mm. That could make a difference...

So Sierra, was the 2003 cyst 5 cm or 5 mm?

Think Outside the Box!