10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

YES and they will shoot you down like a scud missle. file , get your 2 denials the get a lawyer.. texas is VERY tight arsed when it comes to disabilities. Its federal yes, but evidently they think texans are all rich and they are quick to deny.

you cant get a lawyer until they have denied you. even if u are disabled under the law, they can deny you. the truth doesnt seem to matter, convincing a SSD judge, with a attorney who believes u are disabled is what it takes. The SS doctor they sent me to told me a big trick they ask is, can u answer a phone. if you say yes, your denied. they figure u can get a job as a bill collector or something.

Theres a lot of vids on you tube, with good info on what to say, and not to say at a ss disability exam.

the bottom line, is they are making it harder to get benefits, because people are living longer, and not enough people are pulling thier weight, so there isnt as much money coming in, as there is going out. They have a predisposition to deny.

Edited by 63SIERRA

I told them I could answer a phone but couldnt gaurantee staying awake, because Im tired all the time, because of sleep apnea, I also had concentration problems, due to lack of quality sleep,. I cant sit long to answer a phone, nor stand because of my back problems. Unless they had a bed I could go lie on every now and then to take pressure off my back, it wouldnt work, furthermore if they supplied a bed, I would likely fall asleep due to not sleeping good at night.

u gotta cover all the bases.

I just filed a few weeks ago with a well known Lawyer that my Twin Brother is using. I hear from a lot of online material and people that Texas is one of the hardest states to get SSD. I am 80% SC and I have a FDC in with the VA to have my %s increased. I was medically retired in Feb this year after 9 years active duty for my Crohn's. I went to work for the State as an Agent Tracking Violent Sex Offenders. I could not handle the job anymore and resigned October 3, 2013. I hope that everything works out for me. I am so nervous, I just need either my SSD or VA %s to work out.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

Sierra is correct!! I applied for SSDI and was denied the first 2 times then I got a lawyer. My lawyer was with Morgan & Weisbrod and she was very thorough. I hearing Judge sayed that he thought he had enough to make a decision but may need to send me to a SS doctor and my lawyer got pissed off. She told him that she wanted to put on record that she disagreed with his assumption that I needed to see a SS doctor because my Rheumatologist said that I was disabled and provided substantial medical records and evidence to that fact; my Neurologist said that I was disabled and provided substantial evidence to the fact; and my Pyschologist said that I was severely limited by my disorder and she felt that it substantially affected my ability to work! She was like, what would a SS doctor find in a 45 minute appointment, that my regularly treating physicians haven't found over the years. The judge had made a decision within 10 days and it moved really fast from there!! My hearing was on August 6, 2013 and my Retro money was deposited on September 6, 2013. Good luck Navy, but unless you are retirement age....you are in for a fight!! I know how you feel...I was wanting either one of them to come thru. I thought if I got one, I wouldn't worry about the other one so bad but that was only for a little while. It relieved some of my financial stress but the VA owes me and I want my due!

P.S. My lawyer and hearing was in Dallas.

JMHO,

Shyne-I

Edited by Shyne-I

Thanks Shyne,

My Lawyer's Main office is in Dallas, but I see him in Tyler. I live near Greenville Social Security Office. I hear everyone say that it is hard to file when I am only 31. I have severe Crohn's, PTSD, Migraines, Asthma, and Arthritis. I have had 2 knee surgeries, and I am going to have 2 more in the next month. I just had a horrible dream last night and it scared my wife. Being disabled has not been easy for me. I used to run a 1 1/2 in less than 8 minutes, and I Coached/Played Basketball for the Navy just 2 years ago. Now, I can't walk without Pain, or having to go to the bathroom, or having to take a puff of my Inhaler. I busted my butt and have a Double Masters in Criminal Justice. What is a degree good for, if my body and mind are not right. Sorry I rambled on, thank you guys so much for your support. Shyne I have followed you for a while and you have been thru a lot. I have a FDC in as of September and I hope it does go by fast as my VSO says, LOL. Take care and God Bless all.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

submitted my complete claim c-file to social security in 2010, two weeks after was sent by social security to be examined by a psychologist and a medical doctor. two weeks following the examination was disabled by social security for ptsd...The VA diagnoses was personality disorder.......