Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bent Over The Barrel......

Rate this question

StreetWalker

Question

I had filed for a reopening of my denied TDIU claim. Along with that request to reopen I included what I and my VSO felt was "new and material" evidence. A denial of VRE benefits due to the severity of my service connected disabilities and a statement by my then VA PCP stating that I'm unemployable. The claim followed the standard path. It was over a month late getting out of the "Review of Evidence" phase and past the earliest date it was supposed to be complete. Again par for the course. The claim went to Prep for Decision and I had hope. A couple of days later it was back to Gathering of Evidence. The expected dates of completion had been moved to 7/2014 to 1/2015. Originally it was supposed to be finished no later than 4/2014. A development letter was sent. I received the letter and it stated that I needed to submit "new and material" evidence or the claim would be closed. There was NO mention of the evidence I had submitted. I headed down to my VSO's office the next day. She looked at her files and found where the request and the evidence had been submitted. I asked her if she felt that the evidence was sufficient (my old VSO had received a promotion and moved out of this office) she stated that it was more than sufficient. She prepared a letter and sent it on to the RO. So far nothing has changed in regards to my claim. I was going to hold off on filing any additional claims till my IU claim was settled. But I decided to go ahead and ask for a increase in my depression and radiculopathy. I also filed for my right shoulder which has been causing me a lot of problems due to use of a cane, constipation due to daily use of narcotics and sleep apnea due to weight gain from medication and from inability to exercise due to my lower back. I've gained 50 lbs the last four years. Most of it during the first two years while I was still working and walking 10 miles per day.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question