VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chris Bohler, Uh-60 Crew Chief

Loose Cannon

Raleigh, N.C. One of six U.S. service members killed when a helicopter crashed in southern Afghanistan Tuesday was originally from Johnston County.

U.S. defense officials have not released the identities of those who died when the Black Hawk UH-60 went down in the remote district of Shajau, but a source tells WRAL News that Chris Bohler, an Army helicopter crew chief from Willow Spring, was among the victims.

The crash is under investigation, but according to initial reports to The Associated Press, the troops had mechanical problems and came under fire after the crash. It was unclear whether any of the casualties were the result of enemy fire.

Family members of Bohler did not want to comment about their loss Wednesday, but his mother, Deborah Bohler, posted to Facebook that her heart "shattered into a million pieces. Dear God gives us strength through this pain."

Bohler's mother works in Raleigh at the Wake County District Attorney's Office, where staff and officials were shocked and devastated by the loss.

"It's affected people in this office and throughout this courthouse," District Attorney Colon Willoughby said Wednesday afternoon. "We watch each other's children grow up ... we help each other bury each other's parents, and we feel the pains of what has happened. It's a close-knit group."

According to Bohler's Facebook page, he graduated in 2003 from South Johnston High School in Four Oaks and attended Johnston Community College.

In 2007, he joined the Army and was based in Fort Riley, Kansas.

Stephen Sanders worked with Bohler at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Clayton several years ago and said he remembered him as a good man who was always smiling.

"When that young man wanted something, he went for it," Sanders said. "I'm very proud of that young man. I can take off my hat (to him), and I hope his mom and dad feel the same way."

Rest in peace Chris...Your sacrifice will never be forgotten!

LC

full article at http://www.wral.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Just my opinion but it's time to get out. No need for any more to die. I used to believe in the USA but lately I've begun to think dying for your country is just plain stupid, as they don't really care. And the rich get richer . . . We shouldn't police the world. jmo

We should've learned from the Russians.

pr

I would love to know what they found when they caught bin laden in Pakistan, guess we will have to wait 20 years for freedom of info to take effect, then get a bunch of blacked out documents. Karzia is a puppet, there more going on in afghanistan than meets the eye. it may be the opiates, or an oil pipeline.

guess we will stay there until our economy collapses just like the russians did, and professionals like doctors and lawyers are engaging in pandering and prostitution on the streets to survive. I bet they would have never believed it could happen to them either. they were in afghanistan for abt 10 years as well.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use