Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed In 2.5 Days?

Rate this question

WendyD

Question

A little about me, I had SC surgery back in September was denied increase due to lack of evidence, but did get temp 100% for 3 months. Granted still out of work so filed a temp extension which is under review....now stupid me

I refiled new claims for my scars and neuromas which have recurred since surgery...claim was under review and 2 days later complete. I had new evidence so I didn't file an appeal just a regular claim. The new evidence was supposed to be revisited by va according to my award letter. Is it possible to have a decision in that time frame or is it because I need to file an appeal even though I have new evidence and an appeal would probably be lengthy?

I mean a 2.5 day completion seems unreal so I am thinking that I am denied and need an appeal. All new evidence from podiatrist to neurologist is at va so I filed an FDC. Has it completed so early because I needed to appeal the decision rather than reopen?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wait til the letter arrives. They may surprise you. Check E benefits if it is up.

Yiou never know until you really know.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Look under notification on E bennies. Look at your letters to see if they are any changes there. It may not have updated.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Nothing changed on ebenefits. Just odd how it completed and it doesn't say decision sent or anything. Almost like it was deleted. If the new evidence was at the va I'm assuming they would get it?

I called va and they said they put it with my other claim from December but I thought that claim is completed so I'm assuming it's complete with no change. I have new evidence for that previous claim not sure how to proceed with the new evidence I have, do I appeal December claim or reopen with new evidence.

My award letter in December gave me temp for surgery added scars at 0% and foot neuromas still 10% the letter also stated a future appointment to determine if it got worse. I had my appt on the 9th with my podiatrist and neurologist and it has gotten worse not better.