Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman Gets A Response...here Is My Answer

Rate this question

usdart

Question

Probably all in vain but now I am angry (again).

Basically the VA said it was all my fault for not submitting Evidence. Just as some of you said they would do.

However, this is a total failure of the VA system to help a VET and responsibility to assist.

Below is what I wrote to Congessman Hastings;

My VSO was trained and PAID by the VA. The VA failed to even read the submitted evidence as is noted from them about my Combat Badge not being proven. It was sent with my orig Doc's under the heading awards and decorations as part of my DD214 paperwork.

The 5103 form was returned by My VA rep. No ther request was made for info.
My DD214 Clearly states under awards and decorations a Combat Medal for The 'Sanctuary Offensive'. Obviously they did not look at my paperwork. They do these things as a delaying tactic to take you out of the FDC program.
My VSO who was trained by the VA with the Viet Nam Veterans Coalition told me ALL the evidence I need is in the paperwork he sent on my behalf. I don't care about the Hearing part, he added that and I did not ask for it.
PTSD, Tinitus, Sinusitus are my concerns.

The VA Clinic in Richland started all this by Diagnosing me with PTSD. I had no idea what PTSD was until I was told I had it and why.That Diagnosis is in the paperwork submitted.

The VA Clinical Social Worker (DE A Conrad) has written in my Myhealthevet file the Service Connection to PTSD. All that is needed is to read the file info from the Doctor.

I have a meeting with a new VSO tomorrow and will be sending Stressor letters and other documents as he advises.

I consider the Failure to be on the part of my VA rep for not including more evidence and the VA for not reviewing the Evidence I sent with my FDC Claim.
It is bad enough to have to re-live and re-tell all this horrible stuff but then to be ignored and shoved aside is just one more nail in my coffin. The VA Clinic in Richland has mis-represented my visits by not including my side of issues. They have tried to decieve me by leading me into saying 'My health overall is good' I told them it is NOT. I have mental issues, I can't sleep, horrible nightmares (from Viet Nam) I can't breath through my nose, my ears ring and buzz and I have had massive migraines for 44 years now. Aside from that, I'm fine! None of this is noted in my health file and I have stated it EVERY time I have been asked. What am I supoosed to do if the VA won't help me?
--------------------------------------------

Do you actually know for a fact that VA was paying the salary of your VSO?

I might compress this into a "I didn't know I had PTSD until diagnosed by the VA" Now that I have been diagnosed they are questioning the claim. How is it that the VA can diagnose me with PTSD related to my Vietnam combat tours but the VBA says they need more evidence?

I need the assistance of your offices to get the VA to actually communicate between divisions and properly reslove my compensation issues.

However, I have pretty much wrote off Congress critters as being any use. There are too many of us with VA problems, it is sad to say they do not have the staffing to actually provide proper constituancy services.

Do you actually know for a fact that VA was paying the salary of your VSO?

I might compress this into a "I didn't know I had PTSD until diagnosed by the VA" Now that I have been diagnosed they are questioning the claim. How is it that the VA can diagnose me with PTSD related to my Vietnam combat tours but the VBA says they need more evidence?

I need the assistance of your offices to get the VA to actually communicate between divisions and properly reslove my compensation issues.

However, I have pretty much wrote off Congress critters as being any use. There are too many of us with VA problems, it is sad to say they do not have the staffing to actually provide proper constituancy services.

Yes, the VSO told me He was paid by the VA and was proud of it.

I already sent the message, Anger made me a bit hasty but we will see if anyone really understands what I said.

My heart goes out to you, usdart. I am proud of you for continuing your battle. I've got to get off my duff and do more on my claim, too. I'm glad that you do seem to have an open channel for communications, on account of using your Congressman's Caseworker.

first and foremost find you another VSO. Its apparent that your DD FM 214 was not reviewed. Believe me, this isn't an isolated incident. When I submit a claim for a vet, I make copies of all certificates, awards, medals and submit them as evidence for the claim.

Again, I would obtain an another VSO and start working on your NOD

My new VSO was very helpful. He read my stressor letters and advised me to make them more personal but, that I had plenty of dates and time lines and places. So I have some homework to do then he will submit the forms through his channels. He says he can send them directly to the desk of the requesting Authority Team assigned to my case and speed things up a tad.

He also recommended a private shrink that is Gov funded so it is free for me to use.