Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman Gets A Response...here Is My Answer

Rate this question

usdart

Question

Probably all in vain but now I am angry (again).

Basically the VA said it was all my fault for not submitting Evidence. Just as some of you said they would do.

However, this is a total failure of the VA system to help a VET and responsibility to assist.

Below is what I wrote to Congessman Hastings;

My VSO was trained and PAID by the VA. The VA failed to even read the submitted evidence as is noted from them about my Combat Badge not being proven. It was sent with my orig Doc's under the heading awards and decorations as part of my DD214 paperwork.

The 5103 form was returned by My VA rep. No ther request was made for info.
My DD214 Clearly states under awards and decorations a Combat Medal for The 'Sanctuary Offensive'. Obviously they did not look at my paperwork. They do these things as a delaying tactic to take you out of the FDC program.
My VSO who was trained by the VA with the Viet Nam Veterans Coalition told me ALL the evidence I need is in the paperwork he sent on my behalf. I don't care about the Hearing part, he added that and I did not ask for it.
PTSD, Tinitus, Sinusitus are my concerns.

The VA Clinic in Richland started all this by Diagnosing me with PTSD. I had no idea what PTSD was until I was told I had it and why.That Diagnosis is in the paperwork submitted.

The VA Clinical Social Worker (DE A Conrad) has written in my Myhealthevet file the Service Connection to PTSD. All that is needed is to read the file info from the Doctor.

I have a meeting with a new VSO tomorrow and will be sending Stressor letters and other documents as he advises.

I consider the Failure to be on the part of my VA rep for not including more evidence and the VA for not reviewing the Evidence I sent with my FDC Claim.
It is bad enough to have to re-live and re-tell all this horrible stuff but then to be ignored and shoved aside is just one more nail in my coffin. The VA Clinic in Richland has mis-represented my visits by not including my side of issues. They have tried to decieve me by leading me into saying 'My health overall is good' I told them it is NOT. I have mental issues, I can't sleep, horrible nightmares (from Viet Nam) I can't breath through my nose, my ears ring and buzz and I have had massive migraines for 44 years now. Aside from that, I'm fine! None of this is noted in my health file and I have stated it EVERY time I have been asked. What am I supoosed to do if the VA won't help me?
--------------------------------------------

Dart all good soldiers are taught to utilize all resources available to accomplish the task. Keep after them, with whatever you have to do, to get results.

always remember this. NO ONE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU ARE. PERIOD.

I know how congressional inquires work, because I submitted one myself. They are supposed to communicate with the congressmans liason on a regular basis, around every 30 days, until results are achieved. it may not be the exact result you want. but it will give them a push, and let them know, you are not going away.

Let me tell you something abt congressman and Liasons though. THEY TOO. have certain.. how shall I say,, relationships. with people at the districts they serve.

Does a kind of you scratch my arse and Ill scratch yourn take place, ,, maybe. Do some congressional liasons have very bad relationships with their va rep counterparts. quite possible. So just keep in mind, whenever you deal with the govt, congress, and the va, things can get stupid.

The congressiona liason and the va liason contact person that my liason was in contact with, seemed to have a quite relaxed rapport with each other.

You have to remember when all of these politicians and thier lieasons and assistants go to washington dc to "" meet and greet" as they call it, they are breaking the bread, and spilling the wine together. they are all drinking from the golden cups, on the back of the slave laborers and they know it. they are all cut from the same cloth.

My new VSO was very helpful. He read my stressor letters and advised me to make them more personal but, that I had plenty of dates and time lines and places. So I have some homework to do then he will submit the forms through his channels. He says he can send them directly to the desk of the requesting Authority Team assigned to my case and speed things up a tad.

He also recommended a private shrink that is Gov funded so it is free for me to use.

dart,

Ask your VSO for date stamped copies of everything they submit on your behalf.

BTW - when you sign the form for VSO representation, you sign away your right

for them to Do - OR - Not Do, whatever they desire !

jmho

Dart,

Good on ya for raising some hell; if we all did this I think the results would be better.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease with politicans so if we're not in their face and in the media we will get lip service.

Dart all good soldiers are taught to utilize all resources available to accomplish the task. Keep after them, with whatever you have to do, to get results.

always remember this. NO ONE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU ARE. PERIOD.

Great statement. You see people posting that 'other have it worse' so maybe they shouldn't complain.

Well, they don't have it worse for YOU. YOU are the only one looking out for YOU and YOU are as important as anyone.

These are not limited funds that you are stealing from another, more needy veteran. There is plenty of money and, if they have to take it from something else, that something else can pound sand.

GET YOURS! :smile:

this country is not broke, Im not buying what they are selling. a broke country doesnt engage in a fruitless war for 10 years, donate billions of dollars to pakistan to hide bin laden from us, and STILL keep sticking its nose where it dont belong. Its all manufactured crisis. dont buy into the broke spiel.

Dick chaney got a no bid contract for the persian gulf wars. WHILE he was vice president. does that not stink, MR HALIBURTON.

Also guess who was in on supplying the agent orange to vietnam, WALKER industries. George herbie WALKER .. BOOOOOOSH.!!!!

And dont forget the dishonorable mention of the bush family ties to Saudi Arabia/ I was disgusted to see, Bush bow down and kiss the hand of king Fahd. AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT. JUST DISGUSTING.

Edited by 63SIERRA