VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Request C&p Exam Or Wait?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

My Husband recieved his evaluation psych report from the VA contract doctor for his PSTD. It agreed with the SSA doctor so that is two for the PTSD w/depression. We dropped it off and gave it to the SO but the doctor had already sent it to her.

WE told her that was the last of the records we had for the C-file and that anything else would be on-going treatment records. She called someone I think at the AL and asked what was going on with the claim. They said they are in the development stage but that they did send in the TDIU.

When she got off the phone she was smiling and said it was a good sign when they send in the TDIU form.

Guess what.....we sent in the TDIU weeks ago when we sent Dr. Bash's IME report. I guess the C-file will just get full of duplicated paperwork so it can confused the raters. To many cooks in the kitchen makes for "salty" food.

Does anyone know how long before the C&P exams are scheduled or should we send a certified letter to the RO and request them? Or do they ever rate without C&P exams.

Jangrin

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Vike,

Jangrin stated:

"the SO did set up the eval with the VA contract psych doctor, she had to call around to different areas for funding, it got approved by VA and my husband has had 6 sessions and is starting group therapy."

This sounds more like medical care vs. a C & P exam. Will the VARO accept a report from his psych doctor or will he still have to undergo a C & P exam? I would think that it is highly possible that he will still have to have the C & P exam.

mssoup1

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan:

In my heart I believe that you will make the right decsions and things will work out better than you can imagine. In the meantime I think that what your needs are are the most importnant.

Wow Arkansas is a beautiful State and the living expenses are low. Most utilities will look at your record with your California and decide on deposit or not.

As far as one RO over another I don't think it matters that much.

As you are soon to be technically homeless you might ask the VA to expedite your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin

I get nervous when thinking about changing RO's in the middle of a claim. If you could physically move to Arkansas and still do the C&P and all that jazz at least until you get the initial decision that would be good I think. The less chance for the VA to lose and bungle things the better. After the intial decision you have a year to file your NOD. This should give the VA plenty of time to transfer your file to your new RO. You can physically check to see if they file has been transferred later on.

Guest jangrin
Jangrin

I get nervous when thinking about changing RO's in the middle of a claim. If you could physically move to Arkansas and still do the C&P and all that jazz at least until you get the initial decision that would be good I think. The less chance for the VA to lose and bungle things the better. After the intial decision you have a year to file your NOD. This should give the VA plenty of time to transfer your file to your new RO. You can physically check to see if they file has been transferred later on.

John999 and those who might have information on this,

I think we can handle getting my husband back to this area for his C&P examinations. However, what about transfering his medical care to either Texas or Arkansas prior to him being service connected or even receiving SSDI?

I worry he won't be able to get into the other VA clinics because he is not service connected.

I am more worried about his ongoing care for the DMII, heart, and PN, he is dizzy alot and that is an indicator of the DMII causing small vessel restriction and possible future stroke or heart attack.

your thoughts on this?

JANGRIN B)

Edited by jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin,

From your first post it sounded like you already had been seen for your C&P exam; however, from your reply to my post, it seems, as mssoup1 said, your husband was just seen for regular mental health care.

Mssoup1,

Any exam by an outside physician or psych. can bee used/accepted as a C&P exam as long as it's done in accordance with the criteria in the VA's Physician's Guide and worksheets. I've seen a couple of times where a veteran has submitted an exam done by his private family doctor and the VA used that for rating the claim. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Vike 17