Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sucessfully Completed Gathering My Evidence!

Rate this topic

killemall

Actually my hearing loss depresses me deeply. I was rated 30% for hearing loss and 10% for tinitus back in 2011.

My hearing loss has worsened to the 40 to 50% rating since then based on an exam I took six months ago. Im 34 and ive been wearing hearing aids 14 years now.

I know theres enty of 0% rated and 10% rated guys and girls that were hearing aids that likely still get buy ok. I know I was ok from the 0to 20% ratings for hearing loss. Was.just a lil annoying not hearing everything.

Nowadays its quite saddening not being able to watch movies or understand people with or without my aids.

Could be worst though and I thank God Im still getting buy :-)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you use cpap for OSA and you can show OSA is service connected that is 50%. Also, your depression claim should be linked to overall medical conditions. Do you get therapy or take medications for depression? I see you list may joint disabilities. Are these due to injuries? Do you take pain meds for these? Are you in treatment with the VA or private doctors for all your listed conditions? You must establish that these conditions are current disabilities and treatment at the VA is a good way to show that? Do you suffer chronic pain? You can include chronic pain along with hearing loss to bolster depression claim.

I did not claim chronic pain. My wrist is in constant pain. Im not sure on what chronic paiin is considered so I did not claim.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea through a military hospital. Spent the night for testing. This was more than a year after discharge however. My medical records state trouble sleeping but no diagnosis till more than a year after seperation.

I see a private shrink for depression due to hearing loss and also went through numerous test at the va after calling the va suicide hotline due to depression over hearing loss two years ago.

My wrist is from falling down while on duty and having a boxers fracture.

My knee is also from activr duty and in medical records. A tent peg going into my knee required 17 stitches.

My shoulders and ears were both part of my meb and disability discharge.

Im not fooling myself into thinking they will all be aproved. But I only listed contentions that my smrs could back up. Then I got current treatments and statements from Drs.

The only things not directly in smrs are slurred speech and depression secondary to hearing loss.

I had a c and p for slurred speech a year ago and while they ackowledged some slurred speech it was not enough for compensation. I feel it has worsened.

I know there are some that claim twenty things and none are in there smrs and they have no nexus from Drs.....this slows it down for every one.

Mine are thought out and supported.

I was only in 7 years but youd be surprised what seven years as light infantry can do to your body.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use