Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News From Bva, But Now What?

Rate this question

KBH

Question

The BVA granted entitlement to service connection for Multiple Sclerosis. But remanded the claim for TDUI saying the RO incorrectly stated that the issue was intertwined with the service connection claim.

REMAND-Given the grant of service connection for multiple sclerosis within the instant Board decision, the veteran claim for TDUI should be again addressed by the RO following the assignment of a disability rating to this disorder and any additional development needed.

I have been granted SSDI and Fers retirements.

Any ideas on what the RO may do with this or whether there is another long wait In store for me here?

Me Too!

It is even possible that the SSDI date could impact on the EED favorably.

The most retro possible in that case, would be an additional year.

I explained that here somewhere..it will take me time to find it but will post it.

Edited by Berta

On Ebenifits I see my case went from Files dispatch at the RO back to Files dispatch at the BVA on 2/21/14. It looks like it is the TDUI portion of my appeal.

The original BVA remand stated the TDUI portion is remanded to the RO for adjudication.

If the benefit sought on appeal is denied, the Veteran should be provided a SOC. An appropriate period of time should be allowed for response before the case is returned to the Board.

I'm hoping this means they approved it. Any thoughts?

Yes. One very big one. Why settle for TDIU? Sounds more like a 100% schedular rating is in order. Then obtain a letter from the neurologist in Orlando stating your MS is not going to improve with age like a fine Merlot and apply for P&T with it (the letter). Don't wait two years for another C&P. The sooner you wrap this up and get the P&T, the sooner any offspring/spouse can utilize Chapter 35 DEA entitlement and you can start shopping at the BX/Commissary. J1VO

a

cp

Thanks, I'm still trying to figure it all out. I do have a very good lawyer navigating the road for me and feel confident he will go for everything I need.

I am retired from the Navy so my family already has access to most of these benefits.

KBH,

Great News, very happy for you. Asknod, is on the money though with the IU. I submitted an FDC in Sep 13 for an increase, and with my C&P results I should be 100% soon. I would rather be Schedular 100% than IU 100%. One the Govt keeps messing with you, and two I had a friend die recently, and you wouldn't believe what is 64 year old Widow is going thru trying to get his Income and Benefits, because he was only 65% Service Connected, but 100% IU. God Bless you and hope you can breathe now, good chunk of Retro too.