Service Medical Records

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If your using VA health you need to go to ROI (release of information) office in your medical center and they will give them to you while you wait.

The active duty medical will take a while as Navy said.

Stillhere

Go to ROI and they usually will only give you some Notes and mail the rest to you, as it takes a while. So if you need Mental notes first, get those then have them mail you what you can wait on.

Go to ROI and they usually will only give you some Notes and mail the rest to you, as it takes a while. So if you need Mental notes first, get those then have them mail you what you can wait on.

We have the current VA medical records. What we need is the service medical records. Was hoping there was a quicker way to get them.

Yeah, Sorry the SMRs are a pain in the butt. I have seen Veterans request their SMRs in the middle of a claim, and the VA delays the claim. I made 3 copies of my SMRs before I retired last year. I keep one in my car at all times, one at home, and one with the VA. I whipped out my Medical Record last week when I had 6 C&P exams for an FDC increase, and I was able to help 2 Docs that did not have my file in front of them. Good luck