Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Notification Sent - Wait For Envelope?

Rate this question

K9MAL

Question

I checked eBenefits today and my claim finally moved to "Decision Notification Sent" today! I was wondering if there was a way to check what the decision on claims is prior to receiving them in the mail? Is there a feature or function on eBenefits or HealtheVet or am I stuck spinning my wheels...

Thanks!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

aha, I see now. Okay. :-)

The last time I did one like this, where the criteria and rating didnt match, I sent an appeal that looked like a 4 pg short term paper (I was in school at the time) Annotated, with foot notes pointing to dates in my treatment records that I made copies of from my Cfile and included at the end, as addendums. I then highlighted the relevant portions of my doc notes, and labeled them according to the footnotes. Its at BVA with VSO right now. We'll see what they say when they see THAT! I can send you a copy of what I sent them (for bilateral radiculopathy) so you can see what I mean, if you want.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

The last time I did one like this, where the criteria and rating didnt match, I sent an appeal that looked like a 4 pg short term paper (I was in school at the time) Annotated, with foot notes pointing to dates in my treatment records that I made copies of from my Cfile and included at the end, as addendums. I then highlighted the relevant portions of my doc notes, and labeled them according to the footnotes. Its at BVA with VSO right now. We'll see what they say when they see THAT! I can send you a copy of what I sent them (for bilateral radiculopathy) so you can see what I mean, if you want.

I would love to see it. This sounds like the approach I was going to take as well. Give them absolutely zero reasons for them to not give me the proper rating with all of the information spoon fed to them. I will admit, I presented my case similar to this initially but I guess I reallllly need to spell things out for them on this go around.

Hopefully the envelope will get here soon and I can see what they based their decision on. I also need to order my C-file and hope they'll get that to me sometime in the near future as well.

I would love to see it. This sounds like the approach I was going to take as well. Give them absolutely zero reasons for them to not give me the proper rating with all of the information spoon fed to them. I will admit, I presented my case similar to this initially but I guess I reallllly need to spell things out for them on this go around.

Hopefully the envelope will get here soon and I can see what they based their decision on. I also need to order my C-file and hope they'll get that to me sometime in the near future as well.

Okay, check your PM and they will be there. One was a simple Notice of Denial, the other was more intricate.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Okay, here they are. 1 is a NOD for radiculopathy and ED/Dysfunction, the other is a short NOD for when they reduced my apnea back to 0% (citing CUE on their part, and a doctor that I never saw)

With that one, I reference a clarification that I asked her to write (which she did, and I submitted separately)

Both edited to remove names, but not much else. Sit back and PREPARE to BE AMAZED!

post-8839-0-06585800-1393602905_thumb.jp

FullNOD Edited.pdf

Edited by brokensoldier244th

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

Thanks broken soldier! Reviewing them now and seeing how they'll help me with my case.

You should remove your name from the full NOD PDF.

Edited by K9MAL