Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If It Helps Cut Down On Comp, Then The Govt Says Its Ok

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-study-veterans-wins-federal-163051558.html

Marijuana was considered bad, bad bad, but now that they think it might help Ptsd, the VA is jumping on the bandwagon. especially with an estimated 20 percent of soldier from the long 13 year wars have PTSD.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree there has not been an honest evaluation of the usefulness of canabis as a medication. However, there are already known side effects, so the statement, "this is about treatment without side effects" is disengenuous. An honest evaluation will show if the clinical effectivness outweighs the side effects. The side effects will also be more objectively evaluated.

The great thing though they can extract different chemicals out of cannibis, like cannibinioid, and other chemicals that target certain ailments. like seizures, epilepsy, ect. The govt tried to make it " a cut and dried " drug so to speak, and smoking it until you were retarted is all they wanted to ever promote it was good for.

POT do help with pain in back and legs I quit narcotic in 2011 from VA

and private doctor. I had an orthopedic surgeon at VA says with artery

disease which I have say cigarettes is what stop your arteries up from

that tar & nicotine, marijuana will not hurt you & so far the stent I had

in 2012 is still open I had three while smoking. so my choice was quit smoking

or a BY-PASS surgery so I quit cigarettes and legs doing better. Its in VA

records that I use pot for pain.They had in my records I was an opiates dependency

but they was the ones who prescribe them fentanyl, morphine, oxycodone, I told them

to keep their drugs

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree there has not been an honest evaluation of the usefulness of canabis as a medication. However, there are already known side effects, so the statement, "this is about treatment without side effects" is disengenuous. An honest evaluation will show if the clinical effectivness outweighs the side effects. The side effects will also be more objectively evaluated.

I' will stand by that statement unless a twinkie binge is what you refer to........side effects of any medication on the market today compared to cannabis in raw form, are not even remotely close......with what they will be able to uncover in the near term, will do wonders for whole host of bad stuff tht aflicts so many every day without having to add all those disclaimers at the end.....we all see the commercials everyday.

No one is claiming tht it is a cure for anything "YET".......but the help it may provide in lieu of, will be a blessing to many.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.