Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What A Week…..

Rate this topic

qwiksting

Don't know where to start, except by Thanking Hoppy,Deanbrt,Jbasser,and Berta.

I will go backwards in what has happened so far. I checked E benefits this morning to find my claim had closed. So I checked the letter generator, and sure enough, it looked different with commissary and deers stuff. So i checked summary of benefits and I was unemployability, although I am 80%. I filed unemployability last September. I was granted SS Disability last November. I was medically retired from my State job in December. Also, I was brought back in the military because of error in discharge on the military side. I was released back in 06 from the army due to ptsd. So fast forward to May 13, I was put back in to complete an MEB/PEB. Because of the time (06) the military used the Legacy system instead of IDES to medically discharge people. I fell in that category. Monday I was notified from Ft. Bliss that the Army was offering me a 50% retirement tax free because of combat incurred and related. So, all said I was granted everything from the ABCMR to Army retirement backdated to 2006 to SS to VA unemployability to state Retirement.

Thank you from a confused, pissed off soldier :smile: that listened and read…."Do not give up"…and I didn't, and with the help from this Forum board and advice from the moderators/elders I prevailed. Thank you to everyone who commented on my silly rants and questions…Thank you everyone.

Edited by qwiksting

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use