Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difference Between Ptsd And Chronic Ptsd

Rate this question

Jon1371

Question

I'm wondering if there is a difference between a diagnosis of PTSD and Chronic PTSD. My Healthevets notes have a diagnosis of chronic PTSD now. Is there a difference between the diagnosis as far as VA ratings go?

Thanks all,

Jon

Thank you to all the Vietnam Veterans that forged the way against the VA so that us younger veterans aren't being bashed against the obstacles you destroyed.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

john999 I was actually thrilled to be diagnosed with Schizo because I know they make pills that can help treat it and it did make sense. I started having problems with the anti-psychotics immediately, told them and they said it was all in my head and that I should keep taking them. I'm glad I stopped when I did, but it took over a month for me to get back to "normal" and I don't remember that time so it's a good thing I started a journal when I started the anti-psychotics. I still have residual side effects, but they are much improved and only show up for short periods of time now. I couldn't afford a private Dr even if I wanted to. I haven't worked in over two years and I'm getting by on family support and my VA pay. My family is wonderful and I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for them.

Tbird Thanks for the link. I experience all of that except for the stuff about the perpetrator.

Thank you to all the Vietnam Veterans that forged the way against the VA so that us younger veterans aren't being bashed against the obstacles you destroyed.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know back in the day I went to a group and it costs me $15 a session. The group really helped me. There were other vets in the group. One day I was ranting about something and one of the other vets blew up and told me he was tried of me not listening to what the others were trying to tell me about myself. I was shocked. It got through to me. I started to get better after that. It never would have happened at the VA. Mental health treatment is almost non-existent these days. All you get is drugs. Drugs never helped me. Human contact and talk helped me.

John

john999 I tried going to a Vet Center for group sessions and felt like a total poser. Most were Combat Arms talking about some crazy stuff and all I had to say was I blew UXO and got shot at, and only fired a handful of times and saw nasty sights. So I really didn't belong and it made me feel worse because I didn't have it as bad as the other guys. Drugs and come back in six weeks seems to be how the VA works. Lots of those drugs have black label warnings and it's amazing they just give them to us and send us home after seeing us for so short of a time.