VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cant Believe It!

Rate this topic

WaStvet

Tim asked:

"Do you have any suggestions as to how I could get them back to the VA! Thank you!"

If they get medical care for their disabilities via private doctors, I don't think I would want them to leave private care ,for VA. medical care.

If they are filing a compensation claim, there is no way to avoid them going to the VA for C & Ps ( and PTSD MUST have a VA MH diagnosis these days)

If they already get VA comp and are not getting any VA or private treatment for their disabilities, VA could at some point review their comp and attempt to lower it.

VA's philosophy is ,if one does not seek treatment for a disability, then they probably no longer even have the disability.

I do need to change a little something I said......about VA. I think the VA provides the best treatment for PTSD in the whole US of A. They have treatment options and also VA vet centers can enhance a PTSD vet's ability to deal with their disorder.

Vet centers often provide a vet- with -PTSD helping -vet- with PTSD scenario and that sure can be very affective, because it shows that no PTSD vet is ever alone.

If the PTSD vet you mentioned sees a private MH provider, the VA will accept their treatment records but will not accept the PTSD diagnosis, even if the vet's shrink is Sigmund Freud, and instead will set up a VA C & P to hopefully have a VA MH professional concur with the private doc's diagnosis.

I know that isn't fair and over 600 of us advocates, vets, lawyers and vet reps fought over that part of the new 2010 PTSD regs, but we lost.

Also some advice.... I have been around the VA block a long time.....

and have dealt with many many veterans ..........

You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it.

And there might be a lot more to their reluctance to deal with VA than you know.

The medical aspect of VAMCs really does not hold the high level of possible BS

that the VA claims process can sometimes involve.

Edited by Berta

Tim asked:

"Do you have any suggestions as to how I could get them back to the VA! Thank you!"

If they get medical care for their disabilities via private doctors, I don't think I would want them to leave private care ,for VA. medical care.

If they are filing a compensation claim, there is no way to avoid them going to the VA for C & Ps ( and PTSD MUST have a VA MH diagnosis these days)

If they already get VA comp and are not getting any VA or private treatment for their disabilities, VA could at some point review their comp and attempt to lower it.

VA's philosophy is ,if one does not seek treatment for a disability, then they probably no longer even have the disability.

I do need to change a little something I said......about VA. I think the VA provides the best treatment for PTSD in the whole US of A. They have treatment options and also VA vet centers can enhance a PTSD vet's ability to deal with their disorder.

Vet centers often provide a vet- with -PTSD helping -vet- with PTSD scenario and that sure can be very affective, because it shows that no PTSD vet is ever alone.

If the PTSD vet you mentioned sees a private MH provider, the VA will accept their treatment records but will not accept the PTSD diagnosis, even if the vet's shrink is Sigmund Freud, and instead will set up a VA C & P to hopefully have a VA MH professional concur with the private doc's diagnosis.

I know that isn't fair and over 600 of us advocates, vets, lawyers and vet reps fought over that part of the new 2010 PTSD regs, but we lost.

Also some advice.... I have been around the VA block a long time.....

and have dealt with many many veterans ..........

You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it.

And there might be a lot more to their reluctance to deal with VA than you know.

The medical aspect of VAMCs really does not hold the high level of possible BS

that the VA claims process can sometimes involve.

Thank you so much for your response! These guys basically registered and went once after and now say they do not deal with the bs. I will pass along along your information and see if it has any kind of effect. I am not going to give up on them!

Tim

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use