Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

School Done, Got A Job, Lost My Job

Rate this question

garlicBreath

Question

This is my 3rd job in 5 years. I'm pretty sure my mental disorder is 50, not the thirty that I'm rated at. My voc councilor changed 6 times and I'm pretty sure none of them took into account my depression. I failed to make any social connections during four years of school, nor did I when working. I tried on several attempts to contact my VRE councilor and open a dialogue about my work issues. He always sent back generic emails. I kind of deep overlooked. I just applied for SSDI and that brought me to tears, I'm only 35 but my back has been shot since I was 20. I'm always sad and now confused. Any advice would help.

Peace

Ck

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Definitely take care of yourself first bud, then get your plan together to move forward with a claim. God Bless and Good Luck!

All that mental stuff is a figment of your imagination. The only reason you believe you have mental disorders is because you constantly think about it. I bet if you stopped thinking about it, the mental disorders will go away. Now, with that said, as veterans we will NEVER receive a fair rating. I just learned to stop thinking about it. TRUST ME, I had previous issues I was NEVER rated for simply because it wasn't in my medical record. Some care. Just get over it, and move on. The VA is a mental institution designed to F you over more than when you first signed up. I keep my visits to a minimum. I try to stay away from that F'd up place. THANK GOD I don't work there, but the pay is good.

Edited by yoshi

I used to think that I was the strongest person in the world, until 5 years in OIF/OEF and 3 months in a Civilian Mental Hospital. Now I am 32 years old, Medically Retired from the Navy, Granted SSDI in less than 10 weeks, which is unheard of in Texas, and my wife is paid by the VA to be my Care Taker. So don't tell me that Mental stuff is a figment of our imaginations. You are 10% SC, so something must be wrong with you, or did you apply for Tinnitus which a lot of Vets do just to get a few $s, because they do not have legitimate disability claims. If you are on the site, then you should know, that we should never judge our fellow Vets. Only them, and I mean only that Vets knows what is going on in their Minds and Body. God Bless you all on here, and did not mean to take over topic.