Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do Pcp's Know About Your Conditions.

Rate this question

garlicBreath

Question

I ask because mine acts like my back flares up a little now and then. When I told him I plan to apply for disability, he said there is nothing in my file to support that. Really? Does the VrO not share info with the dr, or is it my responsibility to let him know EVERYTHING. I just don't get it. Anyway, I'll be at his walk in tomorrow. Should I bring all my files with me? I even found my PEB/MEB notices from 1999...

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Ya gotta wonder - some seem to be computer doctors, spending more time working that machine than checking your body.

Be sure to list all issues with the person on the front end, maybe numbering them if you need to and getting a copy of the notes from ROI to ensure the proper info is being recorded.

I don't think you need to wait to request the info; just fill out the form day of visit and have them mailed to you.

I have had 5 different PCPs in the last 6 months. I just make sure I go over everything with them each time. I have had 4 MRIs in the last 3 months on my Back and Neck, and multiple on my whole body, including CAT scans. Do you have any of this on record to show your disabilities. One thing for sure, with the Govt is, you have to be well documented, as there are too many fakes out there. I just recently won my SSDI claim in less than 3 months on my own. When there is evidence in front of them, even the Govt cant win on that one.

I do have several MRI's dating back to my SMRs at NAS Jax. I had one in 04/5 and another in 2009. The most recent shows a narrowing lateral recess with broad based collapse of L4-l5. It also says no "significant" stenosis seen. I also did a nerve conduction study and it also showed the nerve damage. Both highly objective evidence, not taken into consideration.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your PCP should know about your problems since the computer generates a "problems list". With your PCP's attitude maybe you ought to try and get a new one. Your PCP runs your medical care at the VA. A bad PCP is a millstone around your neck.