Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange And Autism?

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

My wife brought up a good point, being its now known that agent orange was used in the states, by several major companies, like power companies, on army bases, possibly the railroads, and it stays in the soil 400 years. Possibly that is what is causing autism. It would surely explain the random, but commoness of the disorder. I as a parent of an autistic child believe that the govt is hiding something from all of us.

Does anyone know if Agent orange was used at FT.Jackson S.C ? Being a training post and the need to keep the grass and weeds under control, I would think its would be quite likely they used some type of herbicide.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

As of Dec 2013 this is the DOD list of herbicide locations were herbicides were tested ,stored, or used, outside of Vietnam:

.http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/tests-storage/usa.asp

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hey Sierra, us too. I also believe there is an environmental factor like some sort of chemical in the food from storage containers, in the water from pollutants, or perhaps from the increasing amount of electromagnetic radiation from all our electronic devices and wireless networks. Agent Orange? Maybe. PCBs? Maybe. Who knows what else? There's so much out there now it's hard to even wrap your arms around it. Austism spectrum disorders are such a tough thing as well and may have multiple causes. One pediatric neurologist told us that there are three areas of unknown with little discovery to date - deep space, deep sea, and the developing pediatric brain.

One of my cousins was exposed to AO in Vietnam and both of his kids have significant issues as a result, but neither are on the autism spectrum.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know 40 years ago autism was a rare and exotic type of disorder. Now the are saying one out of ten kids have it. I think they are inventing drugs and treatments and now are looking around for a disease. This is like ADD. I never heard of ADD when I was in school. Now every kid who is awake after 9pm has ADD. Doctors and drug companies are making a fortune off this made up disease. I have seen kids who have ADD. If you see it you will know it. I worked in a group home and some of the kids had ADD. They didn't just fidget and forget their homework.

John

most kids labeled with ADD just need an ASS whipping.

Autism is for real,. like my poor ole grandpa used to say, do you need some butter on your bread lil boy? I knew what was coming if I didnt quit being bad. nowdays parents are too lazy to discipline thier kids.

Edited by 63SIERRA